Scuba Club Cozumel ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. So many answers in such a short time.

I love SCC. Just got back on Nov 17th and we are back Jan 5-12 because of their special. Here are my answers to your questions

Are the rooms clean? Very clean. The ladies do an amazing job
Are bathrooms located within the rooms?? I have read some posts the imply they are NOT? LOLYes every room has their own bathroom. Big and great showers with lots of hot water and pressure.
How about the food, is it all buffet style and how is the quality??
Breakfast is a buffet - all you can eat. At breakfast you pick the lunch special which is a Mexican dish or say you will order off the menu. Also at this time you pick your dinner from a choice of 3 with meat and 3 vegetarian.
How is the dive shop location in relation to the primary sites used - are they close?? I just done want a hour boat ride each day Boat rides are longer but the boats are very comfortable with a head and the larger ones have an upstairs sun deck.
How about the operation itself, how many people do they put on the boats small or large groups?? Small boat only 8 divers per DM to meet park rules. Larger boats can have up to 24 with 3 DMs for bigger groups.
Do they allow you to dive your computer or are you given a dive profile / time by DM or Captn? We always ask for Tony and we dive our computer. First ones up go up with his SBM and the rest go up when they need too. Only thing is when the DM runs out of air - you are done too. LOL

Diving:

Is there a difference between North Vs South sites?? Yes and I have been to SCC 3 times this year and all dives were to the South
What is the Viz like and water temp in Jan? We were there last January and temps were about 76F. It also got down to 76F 2 weeks ago too on some of the deeper dives. I wear a full 3mm with a beanie. Viz was great in January & April but crappy in November due to currents changing direction and stirring up the sand
How about the current - is it all drift diving?? Or is there the ability on some sites to float on/at the reef?? Mostly drift diving and the currents can range from slow and nice to wicked.

Does anyone have any PICS or the resort and/or the rooms?? Check out their website under "About">> Scroll through the 8 pages and you'll see lots of photos. Also under rooms and diving.

If the northern sites are desired (to include the Eagle Ray dive site), pick a dive op like Aldora or Blue XTSea.

You also get a nice real beach surface interval rather than motoring on a boat.

I keep waiting to see an eagle ray. If I don't see one on my January trip to SCC I might have to do a special dive with Aldora or Blue XT~Sea to go north to see them.

Betty

I keep waiting to see an eagle ray. If I don't see one on my January trip to SCC I might have to do a special dive with Aldora or Blue XT~Sea to go north to see them.

Betty

Staying at SCC and diving with another op can be a problem, especially if you want to do a more advanced dive.

If that is due to use of the SCC pier, walk or taxi to the Aldora pier downtown.

One eagle ray? Why settle?

http://tinyurl.com/4wfx5eu

http://tinyurl.com/5v7jj8b

Actually, the pier issue is easily settled by just walking next door to th Hotel Cozumel pier - but it is still BS. With an SCC package, you only have one morning open. Most ops will want to know you before they will take you to more advanced sites. So, maybe you could dive with the other op in the afternoon or just give up one day of the SCC dives. Then, some advanced site are not a sure thing. Rough seas or high currents may eliminate the desired sites.

The best solution may be to not use SCC if you expect to do that type of diving.

The best solution may be to not use SCC if you expect to do that type of diving.

True. So from the conversation, SCC is unlikely to do the Eagle Ray dive up north?

If so, people are missing out on an incredible dive.

Hey Betty glad you had a wonderful time at SCC.
How do you find the lay out of the rooms, good views of the ocean, roomy on the inside, small refrig?
How much extra for Nitrox?
I've only stayed at the BA down the street a bit and have often wondered how SCC was, overall sounds pretty good, but seems to be quite a bit more expensive.
Oh and lucky you to get to go back in January, ahh if only I could make it down that way more than once a year.

Lots of good information thanks a bunch - good point though - anyone know the upcahrge for Nitrox Diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom