Scotland Basking Shark trip video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basking sharks are fun. I want to find one when I have my scooter with me, so I can actually keep up with one.

99925d1312141883-top-three-reasons-do-your-local-diving-basking-shark.jpg

Thanks for sharing the video!

Awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Can you give us some logistics on the trip? Time of year? Operator? Etc. I would LOVE to do that trip sometime.

Thanks very much for the comments, I really enjoyed this trip very much.
To get to Tobermory I took a bus from Glasgow to Oban (Citylink) and then a ferry to Craignure of Isle of Mull.
Tobermory is a small town on Isle of Mull which is another half an hour of bus ride away from Craignure.
There are a few wildlife tours in Tobermory and Sea Life Surveys is one of them. It was really good, very helpful and informative captain and crews.
June to August should be the best time but the weather can be rough on July and August.
To snorkel with those sharks I think Acuatours is currently the only organizer and in my trip we were using the boat of Sea Life Surveys.

Back
Top Bottom