Scorpion Bay & Dirty Shirt closing next week!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, it is a hiking trail. There's a parking lot at the end of the road with barriers all around it to prevent vehicles from going off road. Long hike with gear on.

Dive-aholic:
Yes, it is a hiking trail. There's a parking lot at the end of the road with barriers all around it to prevent vehicles from going off road. Long hike with gear on.

Isn't there a place you can hire a sherpa?

I did some more research on it and asked one of my 4wheelin buddy’s if he can take me there and he said that there is no way you can get there even with a 4x4 I was hoping that there would be some kind of secret way to there maybe a hidden 4wheel trail that was not showing on the map but he said no way. So I guess its back to bumming a boat ride next time I want to go there. I also looked around on the map and on the east side of the lake there is a cove called Honeymoon cove that looks like it has some pretty good contour lines and maybe a road to it has any one been out there? The map says there is also a Desert out door center by appointment only any one knows anything about that?

Honeymoon has some great structure in it for diving, and lots of it. There is a road that will get you over there, but right now you would need a 50' snorkle on your car to use it.

There is an article about the marina in todays AZ Republic business section. It has some of the players in it and about the insane amount of money being thrown around. My guess is that the closure will not happen until all of the lawsuits are sorted out.

Dove "Buzzards point cove" a few weeks ago. Great vis, protected cove just east of the floating restrooms. 33*53.35'N 112*15.94'W. (NAD83). Has a small island in the middle of it, can only get about 40' max on the west side, in the entrance to the cove.

Great place to dive, only accessable via boat though.

Darin

divelizard:
There is an article about the marina in todays AZ Republic business section. It has some of the players in it and about the insane amount of money being thrown around. My guess is that the closure will not happen until all of the lawsuits are sorted out.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/0327biz-marina0327.html

I hope it isn't closed (although I think it's inevitable), just passing on information...I'll find out tomorrow and let you all know

-Garrett

If any one has an inflateable boat that can hold dive gear , I have a boat that can take a few divers. Perhaps pitch in alittle on the gas ,and we can check out the whole lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom