Question Scopolamine... where to get and cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's what I figured.. I'm more interested to see how I feel when they wear off. If I take @ ~ 5:30am, boat gets held up and leaves at 7(ish) and for whatever reason doesn't get back until 1 or so it will have worn off.

I might be ok... hopefully used to the sea by then. Like I said, last ride out I didn't take anything all day and I was pretty good. Not perfect, but not miserable either.
In my experience they don't wear off completely. After 5 or 6 hours in really bad waves I will start to get queasy. I should take another one but haven't yet.

Bummer... hate when that happens. I really appreciate it.

I have looked quite a bit on the webs... even strolled through the dark web looking, came up with nada.... anybody need any meth? Seriously? Easier to get meth than motion sickness patches... go figure.
Rob. I tried. No info. Sorry.

Rob. I tried. No info. Sorry.

No worries.. I appreciate it. I'm sure I'll have to go to the doctor at some point. Easiest answer would be to just get the scrip, but man was it easy to just have them delivered to my door.

Maybe I can schedule a tele visit with my primary.. .they were big into that during the height of covid.

I take a meclazine or two the night before, (less drowsy dramamine) and a kwells half an hour before I get on the boat. It is the only thing that works for me.
Rob I've looked at everything. Can't find the Mexican connection sorry

Some observations from checking into this years ago when I dove with a couple of people who were prone to motion sickness and used scopolamine patches.

1.) A pill form called Scopace used to be sold in the U.S., but that ended.

2.) With a prescription, it was still possible to get scopolamine pills made in the U.S. by a compounding pharmacy. Not all pharmacies are compounding pharmacies, and you might ought to do a little research on what dose you'd want. If you can get Kwell pretty easily, not sure that's worth the bother to get into, but the option is out there.

3.) The patches stayed on well for one person and not for the other.

4.) The patch messed with one person's vision a bit. Anticholinergic effects can dilate the eye pupils and let in more light. Considering sunlight includes UV light and we often dive closer to the equator (where sunlight's strong) than we're used to, be careful out there.

5.) Touching a patch and then your eye without carefully washing your hands can make you 'blow a pupil' - that pupil can get really large for awhile. So handle carefully and wash your hands well afterward.

6.) Be careful what other medications you are on (particularly if known for anti-cholinergic side-effects) and what medical conditions you may have (e.g.: proneness to urinary retention/obstruction or constipation), that scopolamine's anti-cholinergic action might add to or worsen.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom