Scopace available in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. However, back to the original question:
Can anyone on the Board tell me if Scopace is available in Cozumel?

2 Dramamine work best for me....best, not always.

HATE being seasick.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. However, back to the original question:
Can anyone on the Board tell me if Scopace is available in Cozumel?

I think you might get a better answer if you PMed Deb, asked for her help - make a couple of calls, and while you're at it - ask how to make a contribution to Cozumel Red Cross. :wink:

I am packing up the gear right now and will find out in person Tuesday. I am hoping for moderate winds so I will not need the medication and will control the problem with my Jedi mind tricks.

I am packing up the gear right now and will find out in person Tuesday. I am hoping for moderate winds so I will not need the medication and will control the problem with my Jedi mind tricks.
Ok, well - let us know will ya'? Some others look for it at times. It may be outlawed there too. There've been reports of it using in overdose levels to incapacitate people. It grows wild in Columbia and reports are numerous there - so some countries are restricting it.

Will do when I get back. That is the first I heard about an abuse like that for sopolamine. They must be using some serious dosage.

I checked six pharmacies on the island and they did not have scopace. Fortunately the seas were very calm this past week except for Maracaibo.

You don"t need it. . . try to wean yourself off these meds. It can be done!!Link:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ne...diving/344075-sea-sickness-4.html#post5367954
Kevrumbo, you have obviously never been truly sea sick. dont comment on stuff you know nothing about!!Scopace is available in a compounded form through a pharmacy in costa mesa, california. Stevens pharmacy. it is expensive, but for those who truly need this and have had great success with scopace, this is a life saver

Kevrumbo, you have obviously never been truly sea sick. dont comment on stuff you know nothing about!!

Many people are self-appointed experts about other people's experience.

My own background on this is that I was a faculty member at a medical school on an island with lots of mariners as patients. We were also closely associated with NASA and there were always astronauts and test pilots around. Based on working with people who are often naturally highly resistant to motion sickness and who have life experience that further minimizes their risk, it is my professional opinion that ANYONE can become seasick if the conditions are right.

Scopace is available in a compounded form through a pharmacy in costa mesa, california. Stevens pharmacy. it is expensive, but for those who truly need this and have had great success with scopace, this is a life saver
Scopace is not available from any compounding pharmacy whether in Costa Mesa or elsewhere. Scopace is a specific brand that's no longer available. A pharmacist may well be able to compound a transdermal scopalamine preparation, but it most certainly will not be Scopace. It might not even be very similar. I'm not saying it might not work, either. I'm just saying that terminology matters.

Have you tried ordering from overseas?

Back
Top Bottom