Scariest Movie Ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagal28

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In honor of the Halloween season…what is the scariest movie you have ever seen and what was so scary about it?

I think the Hitcher (80's version). The scene where there is a finger in the french fries freaks me out everytime.

Also the Ring....when that little girl does the weird walk coming out of the tv...I get chills every time.

Last edited:
The Exorcist. :devil:

I've never been able to finish watching from the time she first becomes posessed and her eyes roll back into her head. It was on TV the other day in the afternoon, and I still couldn't watch it. I was raised in a religious household, but not strict (nor catholic) by any stretch of the imagination. I guess there will always be a part of me that thinks it could happen to someone I know.
:blessing::angel2:

There's only afew movies i would consider as scary.

- Salem's lot - Came out in the 70's when i was really young. Keep thinking about the vampire in the rocking chair.

- Nightmare on Elm Street - Because of the plot. I had a hard time sleeping after seeing that movie.

- the Ring - One of the few cases where the American version is better than the original Japanese.

The original cinema taken by US combat photographers of the extermination camps in WWII Germany and Poland. Everything else is fake; that was real.

-Stephen King's It - I hate clowns. Freaky bastards.

-Arachnophobia - I freaking hate spiders too.

Don't know,nowaday's we are used to quite a lot.
I remember the 1st TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACARE,people leaving the theatre duiring the movie.
Loved the Omen I,II and III,Salems lot, was a good one,but so was Jaws when it came out.

Helter Skelter Murders was a nice one aswell.:D
These where "nice"aswell. A Nightmare on Elm Street I to V

A couple years ago Bravo had a four part series called "The 100 Scariest Movie Moments" and as it turned out they were having a marathon. My upstairs neighbor was out of town, the house next door was a part-time resident and of course gone, the next two lots were empty and then there was a house. Across the canal, none of the houses were currently occupied and of course I live way down at the end of a dead end road three miles north of US1 in the Florida Keys and trust you me, that's a long way from anywhere. What better time to scare the bejeezus out of myself?

I get some popcorn and close the drapes and hunker down for literally four hours of all those super freaky, mess your pants, scenes from every really scary horror movie from the beginning of time. After the whole four hours is over, my heart is pounding in my chest and I get up and debate going to bed but that means I have to walk into my dark bedroom and darn it, I'm all freaked now. As I'm rolling the idea over in my head, from right behind me I hear...

POUND POUND POUND POUND POUND

on my sliding glass door. I'm sure I'm dead now. It's Freddie/Jason/Leatherface/Damien come to get me.

Finally, I muster all the courage I can and I (contrary to everything I've just learned about surviving horror movie villains) WHIP back the curtains only to find that it's my neighbor home early wondering if I wanted to come up for a rum. All I can do is nod.

It took me a solid 10 minutes to gather my frayed nerves back enough to tell him how badly he scared me. I'm sure he's still laughing.

Rachel

Anyone remember Phantasm?

Aliens - the first one

The original Halloween - I saw it with my mom when I was young. She let me out of the car while she parked. I hid in the closet. I had to run very quickly to escape the (well deserved) beating!!

"W" --- now that's scary!

Back
Top Bottom