Scammer Alert - gregbent31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vemura

Contributor
Reaction score
Associated email: duckeroregon@gmail.com

This user sends you a dm about your WTB ads for photography equipment.

2023-05-17 12_12_00-Greenshot.png

Looked suspicious and I wasn't sure at first, so I didn't respond because I'm too busy for that. His account has little activity actually contributing to any dive content.

He sent another dm regarding another ad a couple of days later with the same copy-paste message.

2023-05-17 12_11_52-Greenshot.png

Upon doing a google search, there are several reports of him scamming for photography equipment, some BMW-related stuff, and other various niche items.

gregbent31 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Heads up gregbent31 is a scammer and has been banned

SCAM ALERT!!

Thanks for the report. Mod team is looking into it. We'll be discussing the details in the Mod-only backroom section :)

This is the same pattern of behavior scammers use on wetpixel. If you post a WTB, they target you.

This is exactly the pattern that I just experienced. Same “referral“ to another SB member, same email for scam. For me it was to purchase two Hollis Neotek semi-dry suits. Thankfrilly, something juse seemed off and I did not send any money.

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpeg
    IMG_0028.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 74

Back
Top Bottom