Scammer Alert: btravis77 xxwright blueyeleon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The following users are scammers. They have the same fingerprints and IP addresses:

• btravis77
  • xxwright
  • blueyeleon
The email addresses that they used to register:

The email addresses used for the scam:
One of the Venmo accounts:
  • @AprilBull93 - Mary Mullen

Most of the IP addresses are located in or near Spring, Texas

Please report any direct message you receive that is unsolicited and from a new user or a user account that has been dormant for a long time.

I had a suspicious PM from "patkukin" who had zero posts and was banned by the time I saw the message. It was about one of the want-to-buys I posted and had an email address (but not one of the ones listed above).

I had a suspicious PM from "patkukin" who had zero posts and was banned by the time I saw the message. It was about one of the want-to-buys I posted and had an email address (but not one of the ones listed above).
Can you send me the email address or the message?

You'd think this scammer would be smart enough to not keep using the same photo! I guess stupidily has no limits.

A specific sub forum for such messages would be good idea. Hopefully it has few posts but not very likely

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The following users are scammers. They have the same fingerprints and IP addresses:

• btravis77
  • xxwright
  • blueyeleon
The email addresses that they used to register:

The email addresses used for the scam:
One of the Venmo accounts:
  • @AprilBull93 - Mary Mullen

Most of the IP addresses are located in or near Spring, Texas

Please report any direct message you receive that is unsolicited and from a new user or a user account that has been dormant for a long time.

So what’s stopping you from banning that range of IP addresses, (just be sure no legit users use it) or preventing use of a VPN also SFS (stopforumspam) has plug-ins your can download that search the database of know spammer emails, you can even go through your current list of users, I’ll tag @Akimbo and @The Chairman so they see this too

A specific sub forum for such messages would be good idea. Hopefully it has few posts but not very likely
Pretty sure that’s already here, but only staff members have access to it.

If (hypothetically speaking of course) I were to manage a forum, I’d have a deleted/ moved posts sub forum, an admin zone/ and a premium members lounge.

So what’s stopping you from banning that range of IP addresses, (just be sure no legit users use it) or preventing use of a VPN also SFS (stopforumspam) has plug-ins your can download that search the database of know spammer emails, you can even go through your current list of users, I’ll tag @Akimbo and @The Chairman so they see this too
We do. We will. You’re actually telling one of the folks who do this for a living how to check for spammers.

We do. We will. You’re actually telling one of the folks who do this for a living how to check for spammers.
Which one? I tagged two…

Edit:
@Wookie
Here’s what I get when I try to visit another site using a vpn, get in perfectly fine here.
E8379715-DBDA-4FA7-86C9-A3100DF9E594.png

Edit 2:
Restrict vpn’s can also be shooting yourself in the foot, if I’m on a public WiFi like at the airport, I’ll use a vpn, same with being on vacation in another country that doesn’t like all US websites

Back
Top Bottom