Scammer Alert: btravis77 xxwright blueyeleon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which one? I tagged two…

Edit:
@Wookie
Here’s what I get when I try to visit another site using a vpn, get in perfectly fine here.
View attachment 706051

Edit 2:
Restrict vpn’s can also be shooting yourself in the foot, if I’m on a public WiFi like at the airport, I’ll use a vpn, same with being on vacation in another country that doesn’t like all US websites
Pedro Burrito.

We don’t block VPNs, and we’re pretty savvy about not allowing spam accounts to open. We have pretty much one guy who approves new accounts. It’s when of the other guys (guys being a gender neutral non-binary reference here) approves a new user that we get troubles. Of if we get an account hacked

Pedro Burrito.

We don’t block VPNs, and we’re pretty savvy about not allowing spam accounts to open. We have pretty much one guy who approves new accounts. It’s when of the other guys (guys being a gender neutral non-binary reference here) approves a new user that we get troubles. Of if we get an account hacked
You should be. You just said your problem. if you're (one person) manually approving people, how would you ever know if they're using a vpn unless you researched it, that takes a ton of time. And you should also add a second field to the Captcha. eg. what's the second letter in SCUBA or something.

You should be. You just said your problem. if you're (one person) manually approving people, how would you ever know if they're using a vpn unless you researched it, that takes a ton of time.
The stopforumspam tells us what ip the user is using, and if they are using a VPN or not.

Only when they join. Not after that.

I encourage VPN use.

The stopforumspam tells us what ip the user is using, and if they are using a VPN or not.

Only when they join. Not after that.
You aren't able to see the ip addresses that someone is using the site? are you sure about that? Because I may know of a forum that allows that and they're on xenforo as well.
I encourage VPN use.
It eliminates the need for ip ban which is a plus..... @Wookie

You aren't able to see the ip addresses that someone is using the site? are you sure about that? Because I may know of a forum that allows that and they're on xenforo as well.

It eliminates the need for ip ban which is a plus..... @Wookie
I can see where you are logged in from.

I just wouldn’t do that kind of a dive. I can easily see your last 20 I think. Then I have to dig

So what’s stopping you from banning that range of IP addresses, (just be sure no legit users use it) or preventing use of a VPN also SFS (stopforumspam) has plug-ins your can download that search the database of know spammer emails, you can even go through your current list of users, I’ll tag @Akimbo and @The Chairman so they see this too
Like CDF.... Which I refuse to use because it forbids VPNs.

Who isn't using a VPN now days?

Like CDF.... Which I refuse to use because it forbids VPNs.

Who isn't using a VPN now days?
Many of folk, but I didn’t know “who” wasn’t either, guess he finally got off first base.
And there’s plenty of popular sites that forbid it, including netflix, Hulu, Amazon.
It also reduces effectiveness of features that come with xenforo such as banning by IP.

Many of folk, but I didn’t know “who” wasn’t either, guess he finally got off first base.
And there’s plenty of popular sites that forbid it, including netflix, Hulu, Amazon.
It also reduces effectiveness of features that come with xenforo such as banning by IP.

You are misinformed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom