Scam or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just sold an iPod on ebay. Lady that bought it emails in semi-broken english asking that it be shipped to....wait for it....Nigeria. Great. Claims it's a B-day present for her daughter. She claims she lives in Houston but is on a business trip.

What do you guys think? I only accept Paypal and she's agreed to that. What to do, what to do.:confused:

Just remember, Paypal isn't guarenteeing payment, just facilitating it. If she uses a stolen credit card to pay paypal, then a few days later the credit card company refuses to cover the transaction on the stolen card, Paypal will take the money back from you. If you've already shipped the iPod, then your out the money. Nigeria is the world capital of internet fraud. In this case it's "Seller Beware"

Sounds kind of fishy to me . . .What sort of feedback does the buyer have?

eckybay:
Sounds kind of fishy to me . . .What sort of feedback does the buyer have?

Always check what the feedback is for... I tend not to trust people that have sold 50 1cent stickers of japanese cartoon characters...

IMHO it is a scam. As a seller, you should ship only to confirmed PayPal addresses.

I know that last year my local UPS was not shipping to Nigeria. They held the packages at the hub. How long they held them & what became of them - I do not know. Nor do I know if this is still continuing. But it's possible that shipping to Nigeria may be a moot point.

I would tell her no way. I got the same type of emails for a laptop I put up on craigslist. Not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom