Duttons Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mustard Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anybody had any recent experience with them?

We recently booked two days diving from their boat, Seaquest, based out of Pwllheli. We should have dived with them in March, but she tried to talk us into postponing due to poor visibility. We declined, but as the date of the booking drew closer, the wind was picking up, so we had to agree.

We rearranged for the 2nd September and she tried talking us into another postponement for the same reason. This time we had wind forecast F0 - F1 on the day.

She turned up late, and after we loaded the boat, she claimed the engine would not start. I am 100% certain she either knew about the fault, or it was faked to avoid going out. She is now being difficult with our refund.

I have been doing a lot of digging and it seems there are several accounts of her taking bookings, cancelling, and refusing to issue refunds. I also know her boat operations are the subject of an MCA investigation following a series of engine failures and collisions.

Clare's business is currently the subject of a PADI quality management investigation (I have this information in an email from PADIs Quality & Risk Management Consultant), and she has jumped ship to SSI.

If you have had any recent experience with them, I would appreciate any information.

If you are planning on booking with her, don't!

Do you have proof for the allegations?

I don’t know them but I am a bit wary from a post throwing so many unverifiable facts (except for the first bit where you have had a bad experience which is fair)

Do you have proof for the allegations?

I don’t know them but I am a bit wary from a post throwing so much unverifiable facts.
Yes. I do. I have an email trail that incudes employees of PADI and the MCA that confirm there are ongoing investigations.

My account is first hand experience, and I have an email trail that she has lied about when she will refund us. I have the emails with her ridiculous excuses for wanting to cancel.

One of the groups she cancelled on includes the proprietor of an excellent dive operator in Scotland. Amongst his group was the Chair of BSAC.

She also made an admission on Facebook that she is under resourced.

Yes. I do. I have an email trail that incudes employees of PADI and the MCA that confirm there are ongoing investigations.

My account is first hand experience, and I have an email trail that she has lied about when she will refund us. I have the emails with her ridiculous excuses for wanting to cancel.

One of the groups she cancelled on includes the proprietor of an excellent dive operator in Scotland. Amongst his group was the Chair of BSAC.

She also made an admission on Facebook that she is under resourced.
I hope you get your refund then.

Has anybody had any recent experience with them?

We recently booked two days diving from their boat, Seaquest, based out of Pwllheli. We should have dived with them in March, but she tried to talk us into postponing due to poor visibility. We declined, but as the date of the booking drew closer, the wind was picking up, so we had to agree.

We rearranged for the 2nd September and she tried talking us into another postponement for the same reason. This time we had wind forecast F0 - F1 on the day.

She turned up late, and after we loaded the boat, she claimed the engine would not start. I am 100% certain she either knew about the fault, or it was faked to avoid going out. She is now being difficult with our refund.

I have been doing a lot of digging and it seems there are several accounts of her taking bookings, cancelling, and refusing to issue refunds. I also know her boat operations are the subject of an MCA investigation following a series of engine failures and collisions.

Clare's business is currently the subject of a PADI quality management investigation (I have this information in an email from PADIs Quality & Risk Management Consultant), and she has jumped ship to SSI.

If you have had any recent experience with them, I would appreciate any information.

If you are planning on booking with her, don't!
The sea quest boat is out for sale https://uk.boats.com/power-boats/1979-custom-versatility-30-9052405/ and people talking about Duttons going bust as they have so many debts and to avoid that - they set up Phoenix watersports ltd with Leanne...

The sea quest boat is out for sale https://uk.boats.com/power-boats/1979-custom-versatility-30-9052405/ and people talking about Duttons going bust as they have so many debts and to avoid that - they set up Phoenix watersports ltd with Leanne...

I did not know the boat was up for sale. Thanks for that. I understand the pool from their Pwllheli premises is for sale.

I am aware of Phoenix Watersports.

I have been told that they have cancelled the berthing for both their boats in Hafan Marina.

They have been served with an improvement notice by the HSE following a breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act and two breaches of the Diving at Work Regulations.

They have been served with an improvement notice by the HSE following a breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act and two breaches of the Diving at Work Regulations.

It looks like the same thing happening 3 times: not having a medical for the DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom