Duttons Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you heard any more regarding this Hydrofest thing?? I am currently in the middle of suing Clare Dutton/Clowes. I have in fact won my case, however, so far (6months and still waiting) I have seen no money nor has she even acknowledged the situation!! The girl is an absolute idiot, I will not give up on this, currently filling out a warrant of control form to send the bailiffs to her address in Llangefni :wink:
The Hydroflop thing is hilarious. I'll show my arse in the middle of Lidl if it ever happens. They have been saying tickets are going to be available soon for ages now, and still nothing.

They have been asking for sponsors for ages. They want:

On headline sponsor at £5,000
Two main sponsors at £2,000
Five sub-sponsors at £1,000
Eight awards sponsors at £250

So there's £16,000 max, if anybody is gullible enough to sponsor them.

They then want £350 per exhibitor. Bear in mind, they are saying they guarantee exclusivity, so there will only be one computer manufacturer (for example), only one drysuit manufacturer etc. So this seriously limits the amount they can bring in.

With sponsorship and ticket sales, they aren't getting anywhere near £20,000. They then need to pay for:

• Marquees, stands etc
  • Staff
  • Security
  • Toilets and showers
  • PA system
  • Generators
  • Minibuses
  • Showground hire
Twenty grand won't even touch the sides.

They did have a list of the exhibitors on the website, but this page is now down. Most of them seemed to be her mates, but there were a couple of highly respected people, who I have emailed and warned.

I have also contacted the Mona Showground and warned them about Dutton's scams.

I suspect Hydroflop will get cancelled, and anybody who has been daft enough to give them any money will have a fight to get it back.

Hi, Did you check the published accounts fro the boat?? I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for regarding this, but, am interested to know.

Duttons Divers Ltd changed heir accounting period, so they have effectively been given a six month extension for the publication of their accounts. They are due at the end of next month.

I understand the boat is not owned by the company. I am told it was bought privately and leased by the individual to the company. Clare Dutton and her mother and co-director, Jean Dutton, have personally been the subject of County Court hearings requested by their creditors.

The boat is currently on the Menai Straits. It was moved a couple of weeks ago from Pwllheli. I was on the Menai Straits between Beaumaris and Y Felinheli on our club's RHIB just over an week ago and did not see it on the water. It looks like it is in the yard near Menai Bridge from the photos on LinkedIn.

They are now advertising 'Eco Boat Tours', and claim boat trips are running from September.

I note they have limited companies for their other scams...err..I mean businesses, but none for this one.

Duttons Divers Ltd's confirmation statement is now overdue. This means the company can be struck off, or its directors prosecuted and disqualified.

Another interesting one from Companies House is they have a charge registered against them by Seneca Trade Finance. This means they have taken out a loan and secured it against Duttons Divers Ltd. The charge was created on the 30th October last year, and six days later, they began trading as a different company. I understand Seneca are undertaking recovery proceedings.

I had a dive that was "cancelled" last minute, and obviously I never got my money back. I instead got some weird store credit, which I did not want. That's £80+ down the drain.

Is there any way to get this money back or any options on adding my voice to the CCJ?
Hi @Mustard Dave , as mentioned previously to the other person in this thread, can I do anything to voice my concerns against this illegitimate business? They took money from me and never offered anything in return.

With regards to getting your money back, you are under the £100 threshold for section 75 protection if you paid by credit card, but you could still try. Failing that, it's Small Claims Court. This will cost you more than £80, but you will get awarded your costs when you win. Unfortunately I cannot see anybody getting paid out. As shandiemandie says, she is still waiting.

If she does not pay up after a CCJ, you can get the bailiffs in, who will take control of property. What will probably happen is we'll find Duttons Divers Ltd do not have any assets, so you still might be out of pocket. I still intend on doing this though, so there will be a constant stream of bailiffs showing up at their premises.

With regards to reporting them, you can report them to Trading Standards. To do this, you have to go to Citizens Advice first, and they can refer your complaint. I complained to Gwynedd Council's Trading Standards, but unfortunately their operation we used at Pwllheli has now ceased trading. They have passed on my concerns about their ongoing operations to Anglesey Council.

It is frustrating, as they are clearly operating in a criminal manner, but the authorities seem to be doing very little. They do have a world of the brown stuff coming their way though, and their business is in its death throes. All we can do until then is make sure as many people as possible know about them.

Just recently found this thread.

I purchased an ex-demo Santi E.lite+ from Phoenix watersports on the 22nd of July and I am still waiting for it.

Luckily I paid via my amex so I will start the chargeback process.

Just recently found this thread.

I purchased an ex-demo Santi E.lite+ from Phoenix watersports on the 22nd of July and I am still waiting for it.

Luckily I paid via my amex so I will start the chargeback process.

Edit: 16/09/2024

In the interest of fairness I should say that the correct sized drysuit arrived this afternoon, albeit 8 weeks to the day from when I paid.

The Hydroflop thing is hilarious. I'll show my arse in the middle of Lidl if it ever happens. They have been saying tickets are going to be available soon for ages now, and still nothing.

They then want £350 per exhibitor. Bear in mind, they are saying they guarantee exclusivity, so there will only be one computer manufacturer (for example), only one drysuit manufacturer etc. So this seriously limits the amount they can bring in.

With sponsorship and ticket sales, they aren't getting anywhere near £20,000. They then need to pay for:

• Marquees, stands etc
  • Staff
  • Security
  • Toilets and showers
  • PA system
  • Generators
  • Minibuses
  • Showground hire

They did have a list of the exhibitors on the website, but this page is now down. Most of them seemed to be her mates, but there were a couple of highly respected people, who I have emailed and warned.

I suspect Hydroflop will get cancelled, and anybody who has been daft enough to give them any money will have a fight to get it back.

Duttons Divers Ltd changed heir accounting period, so they have effectively been given a six month extension for the publication of their accounts. They are due at the end of next month.

I understand the boat is not owned by the company. I am told it was bought privately and leased by the individual to the company. Clare Dutton and her mother and co-director, Jean Dutton, have personally been the subject of County Court hearings requested by their creditors.

The boat is currently on the Menai Straits. It was moved a couple of weeks ago from Pwllheli. I was on the Menai Straits between Beaumaris and Y Felinheli on our club's RHIB just over an week ago and did not see it on the water. It looks like it is in the yard near Menai Bridge from the photos on LinkedIn.

They are now advertising 'Eco Boat Tours', and claim boat trips are running from September.

I note they have limited companies for their other scams...err..I mean businesses, but none for this one.

Duttons Divers Ltd's confirmation statement is now overdue. This means the company can be struck off, or its directors prosecuted and disqualified.

Another interesting one from Companies House is they have a charge registered against them by Seneca Trade Finance. This means they have taken out a loan and secured it against Duttons Divers Ltd. The charge was created on the 30th October last year, and six days later, they began trading as a different company. I understand Seneca are undertaking recovery proceedings.

With regards to getting your money back, you are under the £100 threshold for section 75 protection if you paid by credit card, but you could still try. Failing that, it's Small Claims Court. This will cost you more than £80, but you will get awarded your costs when you win. Unfortunately I cannot see anybody getting paid out. As shandiemandie says, she is still waiting.

If she does not pay up after a CCJ, you can get the bailiffs in, who will take control of property. What will probably happen is we'll find Duttons Divers Ltd do not have any assets, so you still might be out of pocket. I still intend on doing this though, so there will be a constant stream of bailiffs showing up at their premises.

With regards to reporting them, you can report them to Trading Standards. To do this, you have to go to Citizens Advice first, and they can refer your complaint. I complained to Gwynedd Council's Trading Standards, but unfortunately their operation we used at Pwllheli has now ceased trading. They have passed on my concerns about their ongoing operations to Anglesey Council.

It is frustrating, as they are clearly operating in a criminal manner, but the authorities seem to be doing very little. They do have a world of the brown stuff coming their way though, and their business is in its death throes. All we can do until then is make sure as many people as possible know about them.

• Marquees, stands etc
  • Staff
  • Security
  • Toilets and showers
  • PA system
  • Generators
  • Minibuses
  • Showground hire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom