SB Paid Subscriptions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just flicking through my User CP and removing one of my memberships and noticed another tab that i hadnt seen before. I am not really too sure where this would be appropriately posted or if it had been covered before (ie posted as a bit of news somewhere by NetDoc or TechAdmin), but it is to do with Paid Subscriptions.

I was just wondering if there were any perks/benefits to this level of membership to the board (be it on a monthly or annual basis) as a supporting member are you just contributing money in to the pot to keep the place running or is there anything additional you get compared to being what most of us now are - free members? I dont ask this with any malice or ill intent, just curious. Also, how long has that been an option?

I am slowly becoming friends with Pete (Netdoc) and know of some of his hopes for the board with regard to the mods (dont know if i should mention that or not), keeping the site operational and improving and know that much of the payment for this site has been personally out of pocket for him (i guess that comes with ownership :wink: ), but the ads, the deals on the merchandise are slowly (hopefully) redressing the balance somewhat to keep the place afloat (is that worse than submerged??).

So what's the story??

Paid subscriptions do indeed help the board and are a way of supporting the site while also gaining a few perks. This feature is not yet avaliable to the public but should be operational by next week.

Tech Admin:
Paid subscriptions do indeed help the board and are a way of supporting the site while also gaining a few perks. This feature is not yet avaliable to the public but should be operational by next week.
Ahhh shades of Single Diver.com

Will there be a posting regarding this feature when the official unveiling occurs??? I was wondering how long it had been there as i am usually quick to spot little things that change. :wink:

Would these perks include a roundtrip of diving in the all the states for free or at least with all the mods who pretty much cover the face of this country??

Yes, there will be a full explanation when this feature is launched. Obviously it will be an optional service for those users who want to show their support for the board a little more visibly, nothing is taken away or lost by not joining up, it is merely a bonus service.

I hear you will get airfills over the internet if you join. It will be a little hose that plugs into your USB port...

Joe

madeline:
do i get more diving minutes?
I think paid subscription should give those people nitrogen credits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom