SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoster33702:
From looking at the signup form, I couldnt tell which ones were shallow dives. They all sounded like deeper wrecks to me. Would someone decode it? :)

Edit: I see one that is Reef/Reef but its on Friday and we wouldnt be able to make that. :(

There are no shallow wreck dives on the roster with the exception of the City of Washington which is sold out.

However, if you have never been to Key Largo, you can not spit without hitting a Dive Boat Op! Most get very good reviews. SB just picked three that people here like, but there are PLENTY of other options in Largo.

Most Ops offer a reef/reef dive in either the morning or afternoon because that is what a lot of vacation dives like and are qualified to do. I'd talk to Brenda, and get some recommendations. I actually would have liked more reef/reef options, but chose to do some wrecks as they are fun as well.

I want to clarify any misconceptions on why we picked the dive ops and the sites.
RonFrank:
SB just picked three that people here like, but there are PLENTY of other options in Largo.
I am working very closely with Capt. Gary who just so happens to be the president of the Florida’s Upper Keys Association of Dive & Snorkel Operators. They are a group of boat operators who have made the decision to work together to promote upper keys diving. The boats we are using have agreed to Gary's pricing and dive destinations. This makes it easier for everybody. You don't need to sign up at multiple locations, or pay different rates for different boats. Pretty cool, eh?
The dive sites were picked based on popularity. We tried to pick the best sites that accomodated the most people with all skill levels and were sites folks want to dive. (for example, The statue of Christ of the Abyss is a very shallow dive, and was requested by a couple members, as was the Spiegal Grove.)
So, even though there are plenty of other dive ops in the area, PLEASE contact Gary first and see if there is another operator who is doing dives that would better suit your needs.
Oh, and welcome aboard.

Scuba_Jenny:
I want to clarify any misconceptions on why we picked the dive ops and the sites.

Hey Jenny,

I certainly was not criticiziing the Dive Op choices or sites. I hope that is not how it came accross.

I think all involved have have done a great job in setting this up, and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it! :cheers:

I hope it didn't seem like I was complaining. I simply haven't been to the keys enough to know which are shallow and which are not. The random handful that I looked up online happened to be wreck dives.

I'll see if I can get the wife on-board. :) That would make 4 trips to the Keys for me this summer! :)

On another note, is there anyone else who is getting in from out of town on Thursday night and would like to dive Friday am?

Marc

FLL Diver:
On another note, is there anyone else who is getting in from out of town on Thursday night and would like to dive Friday am?

Marc

No but your av reminds of some special I watched briefly the other day. It was about road-rage. They are now considering it intermittent explosive disorder :11: Not everyone has it sometimes it really is just road-rage. Hwever, if you are between the ages of something like 13-38 it is a big possibilitly.

"Sorry officer I blew his brains out but I am medically insane."

FLL Diver:

Marc

Maybe. I have not got all our plans worked out, but there is a very good chance that I maybe be up for an AM dive in Friday. It would have to be two shallow reefs as I'm double dipping the Grove in the PM. But shallow reefs off of "KEY LARGO" are a blast.

We will be firming up the remainder of our FL plans in the next week or so, and I'll PM if I am planning on diving Friday AM.

Notta problem Ron and jfoster33702. Just wanted to make sure ya'll knew why the sites and ops were chosen. No harm done. Sorry if the post I made sounded mean or anything, it surely was not intended that way! I am all about fun! The main thing I wanted to get across, is if you have ANY concerns about the dives or sites, to contact Gary. Him and Brenda are all about making this a huge success!
Have a great day, all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom