SB INVADES THE KEYS... July 14-16, 2006!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Orans:
Capt Gary,

how much space is available for gear bags aboard the R7?

There is plenty of room on the RVII, as well as, in the shop to keep your stuff. We also have racks to hang your gear up after you get back and fresh water rinse down containers to get the salt off your gear before you hang it up.

Good Diving,

SFLDiver:
Q's (for Capt Gary I suppose ... no rush):

1. City of Washington wreck dive .... is in 20-35 ft depth, but requires advanced certification? Just trying to find options for the beginners. Sounds like a decent snorkeling site.

2. any problems getting my HP-120's filled to 3600psi with nitrox?
Some barely fill to 3600psi, or stop at 3000psi. :(

You don't need an AOW for the shallow wreck dive, just the deep ones.

Yes I can fill HP-120's to 3600 with nitrox, as long as the tanks are O2 clean. I partical pressure nitrox.

Good Diving,

Capt Gary,

what's the size of the tanks you've got available for Nitrox? AL80 (Yoke/DIN) or bigger?

El Orans:
Capt Gary,

what's the size of the tanks you've got available for Nitrox? AL80 (Yoke/DIN) or bigger?

We've got AL80's with yoke connecters. I do have 2 AL100's and then my personal Steel 100's that have DIN connectors. I've been know to loan them out, but they are first come first serve.

Good Diving,

Captain Gary:

Do you allow doubles in your boat? I have double LP 85's. i DO NOT do decompression dives. I am not trained to do so.

also, i DO NOT accidentally go into decompression (this seems to be the big
fear of the boat captains up here). i've been diving them for about a year
and i have yet to even get on the red in my computer.

would i be able to dive doubles off your boat?

if storage in the boat is a problem, i can simply lie them flat on the floor
and sit on them and personally watch them for the duration.

H2Andy:
Captain Gary:

would i be able to dive doubles off your boat?

Doubles are no problem and are welcome on our boats. We also have custom built seats that will hold any size dive tank. Look forward seeing you.

Good Diving,

excelent!

thank you

i am now set up for four dives with you all

(Friday PM, Night, Saturday AM and PM)

dukeh20:
Actually, Champaign, Illinois. And for all of you Florida folks, this is what we have to look forward to tonight:

"EXPECT LIGHT RAIN AND SLIGHT SLEET TO BEGIN LATER THIS EVENING.
THE PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO ALL SNOW TOWARD MIDNIGHT AND
ACCUMULATE TO 5 TO 7 INCHES BY DAWN. STRONG EAST-NORTHEAST WINDS
OF 20 TO 30 MPH WILL GUST ABOVE 35 MPH AT TIMES...PRODUCING VERY
LOW VISIBILITIES IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THE SNOW WILL TAPER
OFF GRADUALLY TUESDAY MORNING.

Can't wait to get somewhere warm and dive.

Duke
Not to rub it in but....I just had to giggle :D Florida got one last blast of winter-like (ha-ha) weather this past weekend.....barely 70 degrees during the day and down to the mid 40's overnight. I left Edwards County Illinois 16 years ago and I don't care if I never see snow again!

I still have to sign up for this trip, once I work out my schedule. I just got my internet service back on yesterday...........been all mesed up for the last three weeks! This is a well deserved (not to mention desperately needed) vacation.....I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

Li'l38:
I still have to sign up for this trip, once I work out my schedule.
Come join us on the Republic VII. :)

El Orans:
Capt Gary,

Laurens, you can buy a yoke adapter for around $20-30 i believe. We were having this discussion with Mania way back as well.

Capt Gary, i have looked through the itinerary and saw a couple of "beginner" dives, my fiancee (at that time wife), is only OW certified - so i was thinking we would do a few reefs and shallow wrecks (and cos i havent been diving in a little period now too). I saw one trip to two reefs on Aquatic or Mollases on Quiescence Fri PM, City of Washington and reef Sat PM, and either Conch Wall or Christ of the Abyss on Sun PM. Are there any options on something for Sat AM? We would like to stay wet all weekend if possible :wink:

We have still to price this one out and work it all out, but i think a Sat AM dive would probably put us over the top about going!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom