SB (extended) weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"following the rules blindly is also a bad habit"

Hot damn. It's about time someone said what everyone should be saying about darn near every situation in the world: "WHY?"

H2Andy:
er... never fired an M60 in my life, can't say as i have

BUT

i am deadly with a slingshot

:wink:
Last one I fired was about 25 years ago though.

Andy will you at least tell me you get my point about forming good diving habits And making it second nature.
Fred

i promise, fred, i will try my best not to die in a cave, so help me god :wink:

Fred, you can scream and holler all you want, the fact of the matter is, you can say all you want about line protocols but you weren't there to apply them, so you have no way of knowing if we violated them or not.

I learned the rules and more importantly the reasons behind them and use my brain to apply them in my diving.

You continue to make uncalled for, offensive comments about me, I'd prefer you wait to comment on my diving until you actually see it firsthand, in the meantime why don't you reread what people who have actually dove with me have to say.

Ben

@200 feet Nobody can hear you scream... yeah right, get a hungry bullshark after me and see what happens.
You don't have to be faster than the shark, just your dive buddy.
CAVER QUESTION... so using a Zebco 202 with 5# test as a line reel, and tying off to a lilly pad is a bad thing? Hmmm looking for the manual... AH NO WONDER!!! It wasn't written in English, it was written in FSUish! I knew SOMETHING looked odd!
"Kavin' fer Krawdads-A primer fer doin' it Rite... DIVE Rite that is." by Bob Bowden

"Yep, those are the new mainlines at P1. They are just about in OW, so you dont have to run a reel.!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've been trying to get you guys to understand why you always and should have run a reel. But at this point I see I'm wasting my time.
Ben I haven't mention your name are tried to put you or your diving skills down once. A dive team is exactly that. There is no one person. I've made many mistakes while diving and I think I've learned from them all. You are the one making this about you.

I've been trying to make it about the assumtion that people are making about running a line at P1. Your a good diver but what about the other diver that goes behind you with little or no experiance that read this and thinks it's ok to NOT follow the rules he just got through learning. I'll be willing to bet that if you ask any instuctor the uses P1 for carvern training they will run a line. I don't think any instuctor would teach "it's ok to only follow the rules when you want to"

But you dive any way you want that's fine with me. Like I said earlier, If I ever dive P1 or Andy or anyone I will run a line.
Fred

You should have realized you were wasting your time a few pages back because for one, you can't change the past and for two, I will do the same again. I'm not going to adjust my posts because someone might take it as reason enough to not run a reel, stupid people will find a way to kill themselves regardless. Divers need to learn to apply rules, not follow them. You are right about one thing, you haven't mentioned my name specifically and we did dive as a team, so you've insulted both myself and Andy.

Ben

With every response you make. The rules are to be applied and then followed everytime you go into an overhead enviorment. Your trying to spin this in your favor, it won't work.

So I'm back to "whatever"
Hopefully the others that read this will get it.
They may not be the great diver you are.
Fred

Rules don't work 100% of the time, they will fail at some point, that's why you have to understand why they were made. Following rules blindly will get you killed faster then not understanding them.

I'm gettin really tired of having to defend myself to you when NO one else in this thread has taken your side, I'm convinced you're just here to pick a fight for some reason or another and I'm done.

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom