SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last night the Lake Mary Scuba Club (of which John was a member) had a time of remembrance and celebration of John's life. His mother, brother, sister and her husband attended. Thanks Fritz again for taking the time and making the effort to drive up and share with us John's last dive.

The family will have a memorial service for John this Saturday, Nov. 8, at 11:00 am. The service will be held at St. Richards Episcopal Church in Winter Park.

On a personal note, I will continue to miss John and think of him every time I dive Blue or Ginnie springs. The family has asked me to express how much comfort and joy they have received from reading this thread. The SCUBA board community proved once again that we are a family.

No man is an island, entire of itself
every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main
if a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were
any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee.
-- John Donne

Last edited:
As requested by the family I'm posting this:

John L. Moore ("little John") died Saturday Nov. 1 2008 after becoming ill while scuba diving in Jupiter, Florida. John was a resident of Orlando Fl. and was at a hospital in West Palm Beach at the time of his death. He was an enthusiastic fisherman, scuba diver, boater, and an avid golfer.

He is survived by his mother, Fay Moore, brother Stuart Moore, sister Janet Gibson, 7 nieces and nephews and 2 great nieces.

There will be a memorial service on Saturday Nov. 8 at 11 a.m. at St. Richards Episcopal Church at 5151 Lake Howell Road, Winter Park, FL 32792.
A reception of friends and family will follow at Lake of the Woods Club House at 300 Carolwood Pt, Fern Park, FL 32730

In lieu of Flowers the family has asked that donations be made to one of the following organizations in JohnnyÃÔ name.

Ž· Pawsitive Action Foundation, Inc. 5701 Leon Tyson Rd. Saint
Cloud, FL 34771 407-803-3381 or online at Blank

Ž· Divers Alert Network, John Moore Memorial Fund, 6 West Colony Place, Durham, NC 27705
or online: www.DiversAlertNetwork.org/development/give.asp.

Anybody from the S. Florida area wanna carpool up to the memorial?

I never heard of something like that Pawsitive Action Foundation before. That is awesome.

That's what I was thinking. Went to their site and they have some click throughs to purchase stuff that will send a % back to them. At work, so I couldn't do too much surfing! LOL.

This brings up a question. What has happened to John's dog?

As far as I know the family is making arrangements for it to be cared for. The Lake Mary Scuba Club is also considering a memorial plaque to be placed at a dive site. proposed locations are: Ginnie or Devil's Den (with permission of course); and the ocean (Pompano/Ft Lauderdale or keys) these are the places John loved.

Look for more on the plaque following Saturday's service.

As far as I know the family is making arrangements for it to be cared for. .

I have a friend in Orlando who recently made a comment that she was thinking about adopting a dog. I'm not sure how serious she was or wasn't, but if this dog needs a home let me know and I will talk to her. I'd take him in a heart beat but my house isn't big enough for two dogs...

:depressed:

I haven't been on the forum in a while and just came back to find this today. What a shock!

This is just simply awful. I only dove with him a few times, but I ran into him at Castaway quite a bit. He was a really great guy and I am deeply saddened to hear that he passed away. We're going to miss you, LittleJohn. Rest in peace.

ESPN Radio is dedicating Sat Nov,8 2008 to John L Moore our (LittleJohn)

The show on Sat is being dedicated to and will be a memorail / tribute to John L Moore (LittleJohn) who died Sat Nov 1, 2008 after becoming ill while Scuba Diving off of Jupiter Florida.

For all of you who knew John and had just heard of him, whether you can make the service or not.
We invite you to call in and share your stories and remembrances of our friend. A CD of the show will be given to his family, so they too can share in what his friends and acquaintances thought of him.

Please do remember to keeps things respectful tasteful, just as if you where speaking directly to his mother and family.

The Local call in number is 407-482-3776 and toll free 888-300-3776. Please be patient when you are calling in as they expect a great number of callers.

For those who our out of the calling area and would like to listen to the live show you may listen on line at:
http://espnflorida.com/media/listenlive.asx

This is a wonder tribute to John as well as the Stone that will be placed at a diving site, so that all divers will be able to always remember our good friend John.

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. Went to their site and they have some click throughs to purchase stuff that will send a % back to them. At work, so I couldn't do too much surfing! LOL.

This same foundation has Johns dog and taking good care of her. Johns dog will need a good home I just talked with Stewart and he said the foundation is telling people that they would like visitation rights but he said he has no idea where they heard that from that who ever adopts the dog unless it is a good friend of theirs they would not be visiting the dog as long as the dog goes to a good home.
This dog is over 80lbs and needs a BIG yard to run and play in. If anyone is wanting to adopt Johns dog they can call the number and find out the status on his dog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom