SB Diver Littlejohn - Rest in Peace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we got back on the boat after what turns out to have been John's last dive, he told me how much he enjoyed the dives that day and that he was glad he made it down to Jupiter. On the drive down there, all John talked about was diving and how much he was into it. So, John went out doing something he truly loved. >*< Fritz

John truly loved to dive, fish, but most of all he liked people. I don't think he ever met a stranger. He and I became friends almost instantly when we met. He was a very important part of our club. I am better for knowing him.

Last edited:
Such sad news. When this was first posted a few days ago, it sounded like we would be reading posts from him about his very close call once he was on the mend.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Though I knew little of him, I always looked forward to seeing him as our paths crossed. Rest in peace my friend, may you find calm water and great vis.

I've posted a group of photos of John from our last dive at Blue Springs earlier this month. If anyone has photos you'd like to add to this album, email them to me and I'll post them.

Photos - The Lake Mary Scuba Club (Lake Mary, FL) - Meetup.com
photos

I am so sorry to learn of this accident. My condolences to the family and the community that was this divers contact. I know the boat, the Captain, the Shop and the crew and I feel certain everything was done to help this victim to the T. I wonder why someone "in profile" can take such a hit. I have seen hits before inder normal profiles. A difficult reminder to be careful.

Goodnight Littlejohn.

Goodbye, John. Our paths crossed less than I would have liked, but I remember with a smile the time that they did.

John truly loved to dive, fish, but most of all he liked people. I don't think he ever met a stranger. He and I became friends almost instantly when we met. He was a very important part of our club. I am better for knowing him.

By the Way, we'll be taking a few minutes out of our regular monthly meeting this Monday night at 7 pm to honor John and celebrate his life and say good bye. bring your favorite "John story"
Location Gander Mountain
3750 Flagg Ln
Lake Mary, FL 32746
407-804-0514

Everyone is welcome.

John and I crossed paths one day about five years ago at Blue Spring. Ironically, that was my first and last dive there. Anyways, looking at the pictures that fox-cousteau posted, triggered a memory of that day and the very nice guy I met and talked to. I realized it was John. I have good memories of that day and I'm sad to hear of this tragic ending to a truly nice person's life. The family has my prayers and sympathies. :palmtree: Bob

Last edited:
I've been quietly following this thread and the happenings. Fox, thanks for posting the pictures, it jogged my memory..

I can remember first meeting him at one of the Venice Beach functions. I have that vivid memory of his smile, bear paw handshake, and "Hi I'm little John.." "CBulla! Nice to meet you!" and instant feeling of a guy I'd dive with and knew I had a friend in the water. I have the memory of his always finding something good in every dive he had there, even when the visibility wasn't so decent. His company and compassion for diving will be missed at the upcoming turkey fry and other places he would have likely shown up to share dive time with the Conch family of divers.

John.. no deco stops to worry about now, buddy.. dive safe in the next part of your journey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom