"Say hello to my little friend"-Pascual!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, and on the feedback section of his site, it also says "April 2004 Gayle Mellone, Antioch CA -- I was exposed to a whole new world after two resort dive experiences with Pascual Scuba in Cozumel. I am a really tough student because I am afraid of the water. Pascual worked with me and got me down to 60 ft. and the wonderful world of diving. It was easy, fun, and great memories. Pascual Scuba Rocks!" 60 ft with a DSD diver? I am sure PADI and NAUI would love to hear more about that one...

As I said previously, I am not here to disparage a fellow dive op - but this flagrant abuse and disrespect is totally unacceptable. It's unfortunate that Pascual continues to engage in this activity all of these years later. That's often the problem with the "old timers" - they don't keep up with regulations, safety standards, laws, etc. It's unfortunate, because Pascual is a good person otherwise.

Pascual Scuba Rocks!" 60 ft with a DSD diver? I am sure PADI and NAUI would love to hear more about that one...

Agreed! Not the first time I've heard of this from same OP. He's also not an instructor!

I knew these guys sounded familiar, I ran into them when I was down there 2 weeks ago. All they could talk about was Pascual, they sounded like paid advertisers speaking from a script.

DandyDon:
I've tried to be lenient in my thots here, like maybe a poster with a poor attitude, but the Op might be ok - but I think the evidence is overwhelming and the jury is in: Hang 'em all!

And to think, I've purposefully stayed out of management all my career not to have to fire anyone and it may turn out that someone gets fired after all. :shocked: Ah-well, this is one I'm definitely not willing to sit idle with. Additionally the swagger, arrogance, ignorance and lack of compassion for Chris' (aschburner) actions only adds fuel to the fire.

In the infamous words of Donald Trump, "YOUR FIRED!"

Can we revoke aschburner's c-card as well? PADI's Standard Safe Diving Practices Statement of Understanding that is signed at the completion of OW training states that you agree to know and obey local dive laws and regulations including fish and game. I thought it was stated more specifically as it pertains to touching or handling fish but this one statement appears to cover it quite well.

Now watch him come back and say his c-card was issued by NAUI, SSI or YMCA... all of which I'm sure promote similar practices but I don't have the time to dig up their agreement forms.

unfortunately I don't think PADI revokes c-cards (they can suspend and/or expel you @ pro level), but not at rec level. and even if they did, I doubt they would be able to force you to return the card (like the DMV does when they suspend your license). There should be some way to blackball a diver, but then that would cut into PADI's ConEd profits...

But here is one just to make sure you know how much I care about what you think. This may or may not have been taken at Palancar.
But you care enough to change your profile picture...
Before today:
tool.jpg

Today:
tool2.jpg

This is just too much fun....

aschburner: I noticed on your shared photo albums that you have some awesome pictures of Black-tip sharks from your trip to Honduras in 2006. Close encounters with black-tip sharks are no doubt an exhilarating experience but one we all know isn't going to happen in Cozumel. :no: Yet you post the same photo in your SB album stating that it was taken in Cozumel while diving with Pascual! How much is Pascual paying you to lie!?!? :shakehead:

I enter into the court's docket Exhibits 14a & 14b:
ahole1.jpg

ahole2.jpg

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Dear members,
This thread has had it's time.
Please feel free to open a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom