Suggestion Saving a post...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ScubaDocER

ScubaDocER

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. Is there a way to save a persons post to a "Favorites" file? Sometimes I am reading a thread and someone makes a post that is so informative I want to save that persons post but not the whole thread or have to dig through a thread to find one person's post after I left the thread. I know I could copy and paste it somewhere, but I would really love a folder that can save a person's individual posts that I can review later. Hope this makes sense.

Click on the number in the top right corner of the post -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

That opens it in a new window that you can bookmark.

I see where it opens the post into a new window, but how do you book mark it? Is it possible to add a "Favorites" folder that you can put the post in is my question I suppose. That way all of my favorite posts can be reviewed at any time.

Sorry. Ok. I found how to book mark a page. I think what I am asking is instead of saving a dozen different pages of posts, is there a way to put all of the posts on a running screen kind of like what we normally see when we scroll through a thread? In my mind I see all of my favorite posts in a single "thread" if you will. I hope this makes sense. It seems as if it is a matter of moving selected data onto one readable page.

In my mind I see all of my favorite posts in a single "thread" if you will. I hope this makes sense. It seems as if it is a matter of moving selected data onto one readable page.

I can't think of a way to to do that in the confines of the board. My suggestion would be to bookmark your favorite posts, then go back and copy and paste the individual posts into a Word document.

Sort of- Copy the contents of the post and paste them into a PM to yourself. When you find stuff you want to add just paste that onto the end and PM it to yourself again.

That makes it easier- I've done it a couple of times and I just hit the quote button and then pasted that into a PM so it would show who the OP was in the PM.

Here's what I do occasionally. Using IE8:

View the specific post
Right click on the actual post # as described in Post #2 above and select Open in New Tab.
Do this for all the posts you want to save.
If you have other SB windows open, close them now.

Click the Favorites Menu
Hit Add Currrent Tabs to Favorites
Type a folder name, select where you want them saved and hit Add.

This also works for any sections of SB that you want to access often - like UserCP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom