Saturdays Cave Dives and Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its kind of shallow lake, there is an entrance at a "boat ramp" (hardly ever a boat launched from there). It falls away to about 40ft in the center (although i havent been any deeper than 36ft in it).

If you swim directly out, turn around to face the ramp, take a bearing off the first two storey building to your right (right of ramp) of 150 and on your left (left of ramp) or 10 to the pole in the yard of the first house with a boat dock, you should drop down right over an intersection point of several of the underwater lines that are rigged. This is probably about 20ft deep. Swimming around the lines you get down to 36ft at the deepest and there are two (3?) sunken jon boats that you find as you follow the lines. There are plenty of fish, one reasonable turtle (going by half a dozen names according to who you speak to), hardly ever a gator, if so they are small and moving thru to other ponds. The viz can range from a few feet (after a class) to 15ft is the best i have seen yet (this last weekend) and is typically around 10ft. The bottom is sandy, is gently slopes towards the center, although the rope system doesnt seem to go to the deepest part, only the deepest boat at 36ft. Its good for training students, practicing stuff, it would get dull if you went there all the time though!

I wish i could get out and do dives like those who live on the coast could at night or just a few mins drive to a local operation or beach! At least i live in the middle of it all and nowhere is too far away from Orlando to either coast, the springs or local lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom