Saturdays Cave Dives and Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe:
Sorry starry, I just take em, I dont censor. :) I thought you were telling me I smelled.

Hahaa... I have been meaning to talk to you about that...

All teasing aside - they were great dives and it was great to meet some of the regular CDF folks.

Everyone was very helpful when I was dealing with that darn air leak - geez - it always seems to be something...

StarrySkies:
Hahaa... I have been meaning to talk to you about that...

All teasing aside - they were great dives and it was great to meet some of the regular CDF folks.

Everyone was very helpful when I was dealing with that darn air leak - geez - it always seems to be something...

Not again.
Fred

This was my point in the last dicussion we had. The rules change according to whats learned. The only thing for sure is that what today is OK tomorrow won't be.
That's why I color out side the lines. I was at lake Denton Sat coloring out side the lines with Rick. I acually did good. Purposely task loaded the crap out of myself. Even had to resecure a tank to one of the students Rick was training. Need a longer hose for my sidemounted bottle though.
Enjoyed it anyway.
Fred

Fred,
how long did you stay out at Lk Denton?? Becky got cold and that is why we left just as you guys were getting in. Maybe next time we can dive together!!

simbrooks:
Fred,
how long did you stay out at Lk Denton?? Becky got cold and that is why we left just as you guys were getting in. Maybe next time we can dive together!!

We stayed tiil it got dark ended the dive just before.
We did about 30 min. just long enough to get some stuff staightened out.
We should get to dive this Sat.
I'll be going.
Then again on the 27th at Venice if your going.
I had a 7mm suit on so I didn't gey cold at all. Water temp was 68
Fred

We were out about 50 mins, including surface discussing stuff and maybe only 20 mins underwater. We were only wearing 3mm, so a little disadvanteged that way!! I have to talk to Rick about next weekend, but Venice is still on - once the private trips forum gets sorted out again!!

We were driving and it got just after 7, we left at 6.45, and it was dark, oh well, at least the OW kids got some dusk diving experience and you got to try out your funky rigging ideas!!

fgray1:
This was my point in the last dicussion we had. The rules change according to whats learned. The only thing for sure is that what today is OK tomorrow won't be.
That's why I color out side the lines. I was at lake Denton Sat coloring out side the lines with Rick. I acually did good. Purposely task loaded the crap out of myself. Even had to resecure a tank to one of the students Rick was training. Need a longer hose for my sidemounted bottle though.
Enjoyed it anyway.
Fred

Coloring outside the lines is fine, just keep it in a coloring book, keep it between the lines when it comes to serious stuff.

I do have a bone to pick though... what were you doing at Lake Denton, I can't stand that place I had to do my IE there and the viz was 5 feet of green grossness.

Ben

OneBrightGator:
Coloring outside the lines is fine, just keep it in a coloring book, keep it between the lines when it comes to serious stuff.

I do have a bone to pick though... what were you doing at Lake Denton, I can't stand that place I had to do my IE there and the viz was 5 feet of green grossness.

Ben
I go with Rick some times just to hang out.
It gives me a chance to try stuff in 30 to ft of water.
Besides I learn more watching students work their skills then I will ever learn alone. Like resecuring the students tank.
With the config I was wearing it made me think of how to move and reach to do things with the extra tank on. Hovering easy when you don't have any tasks to do.
Besides i had to say hi the Bernie the turtle.
Fred

simbrooks:
We were out about 50 mins, including surface discussing stuff and maybe only 20 mins underwater. We were only wearing 3mm, so a little disadvanteged that way!! I have to talk to Rick about next weekend, but Venice is still on - once the private trips forum gets sorted out again!!

We were driving and it got just after 7, we left at 6.45, and it was dark, oh well, at least the OW kids got some dusk diving experience and you got to try out your funky rigging ideas!!
Now I'm insulted. Are you saying you might not be able to make Sat.
Fred

Becky's dad's b'day party has been scheduled late that afternoon, by other non-divers!! So we are forced to no go on the boynton trip, might be able to do denton, or a spring near here to have fun in the new gear (blue or alexander, now we have the pass). We would then do boynton for the deep, wreck and night aow dives with Rick sometime later, c'est la vie. I should still be up for Venice though! The only thing i hate about denton is it is miles from anywhere, its about 90 miles from both Orlando and Zephyrhills, its almost closer to the cave country springs from either of those places!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom