Saturdays Cave Dives and Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I work on something it's too tempting for me.
I want to go in the holes before I should. This way I won't till I know I'm ready. I can pick Ricks brain as to what he thinks too. He can watch me and give criteaks. How it looked, and what I should change or try differant. He knows I won't do anything stupid.
Fred

Carefull character is what you are when you think no one is looking - Freddy

Lk Denton is just south of Avon Park, Hardee County (?), its about 55 miles south of I-4 along US-27. Its a good way from where you are, its far enough from Orlando and Zephyrhills too!! It gets really crowded on saturday and sunday mornings with classes going to do checkouts, we went in the late afternoon, only one jetskier to annoy us at that time.

Would it be worth the drive? I like just about any type of diving.

scubafool:
Would it be worth the drive? I like just about any type of diving.

How far of a drive would it be for you? If you really like to dive and need to work on your skills and such it's not a bad place, considering it's free, but I definitely wouldn't pay to go.

Ben

Its about 60 mins south of I-4 and US-27 is about 20-30 mins southwest of Orlando, i think Deland is about 30 mins north of Orlando, so i would guess somewhere around 2 hours drive - do a mapquest to avon park and add about 5-10 mins to get to the lake from the middle of town.

I say the same things about Blue Springs, its only 40 mins up the road, and we have the pass now, we must use it. If we dont get out this weekend with our AOW instructor at Denton (if he is still going to Boynton), then we are thinking of hitting Blue and seeing what we can do with our new gear to get things trimmed up etc, plus play with new computers too. Will post a trip on thursday or friday if we decide what is going on.

It sounds like a solid 2 hours from me. But hey, it takes almost that long to get to Paradise Springs. What kind of depths, visibility bottom contour, etc.? Sounds like it might be worth the trip, if only once just to check it out. Thanks for all the info so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom