Saturday, September 23nd - Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome. Does this mean you will be joining us?

SnukBusta:
been here a while... first post ever... ha...

Well, glad you came out of lurker mode, Erik! Now come on down on Saturday AM & join us! Although I might not be diving- Jenny just may get that Hermit Crab watcher after all- I might wind up with the on call phone this weekend after all... :(

bob33060:
As far as parking goes, I'm the night manager at the biggest tow company in Broward. I can get you the best free parking at just about any beach here if you's can get down to 2 or 3 cars.

Dude! You might get really really popular with this groups quickly... those that suffer with parking issues, that is. :D

Marvel:
Dude! You might get really really popular with this groups quickly... those that suffer with parking issues, that is. :D

As the guy that makes most peoples parking issues, I seem to make friends real quick in this town lol. Around Sunrise and A1A I have most of the lots so I'm sure we can find something. Right at the fork in the road just north of Sunrise, I have 2 sets of condos there that we can use (The Silver Seas and the Merriweather). There's also plenty of room at a place on Seville St (just south of the Yankee Trader). Anywhere you see an All County Towing or All Points Towing sign, we should be able to use the parking with a quick phone call to the manager.

I'm a little unclear on the details...we're meeting where? and parking where? and at what time, 7:30 or 8? Wait, wait, Jenny's going; it's going to be an AWSOME dive (regardless of the actual conditions), everybody will run out of air and she'll still have 1500 psi on her AL50, and it's going to be a "sunrise dive." :D

Too Funny Rick!! Look for my little Kia just to the north of Sunrise and you'll know you are in the right place.

If tomorrow is anywhere near as nice as yesterday, its going to be an AWESOME dive!

Ooooh, that's good news Renee!!

DebbyDiver:
Ooooh, that's good news Renee!!

Went out at Hibiscus to the first reef with a student (who by the way - got almost 1 1/2 hours on her 80! Amazing for a new student but she is a natural!) The viz was so so when we started as we were coming off the low tide but cleared up to about 30' - 40' by the end. There was a lot of variety out there - nurse sharks, little rays, a small (about 2ft) Honeycomb Morey swimming out in the open, tons of the usual and schools of baitfish being chased by tarpon. They loved the anchor I set as a navigation marker! Almost no current or surge but a really high high tide.

The sad part was lots of evidence of careless activity in some broken, healthy corals and sponges. I hope all those lobster divers out there are being careful with our reef.

Wow... sounds like a big group for tomorrow!

I'm heading to Orlando right now... Taking the family to Disney. Otherwise I would have joined you all.

Have a great dive.
Wys.

Scubaguy62:
I'm a little unclear on the details...we're meeting where? and parking where? and at what time, 7:30 or 8? Wait, wait, Jenny's going; it's going to be an AWSOME dive (regardless of the actual conditions), everybody will run out of air and she'll still have 1500 psi on her AL50, and it's going to be a "sunrise dive." :D
What other kind of dive is there besides AWESOME???? :D (you know me too well, Rick!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom