Saturday, September 23nd - Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmm
well dive club is doing it at johnson street and I had offered to take pics for the advanced class going on :(

I'll have to catch you guys @ the next dive

Sadly, I have to back out. I got stuck with the on call phone this weekend- a lengthy story but a fair exchange. I'll pop over in between dives to say hello & gripe a little....

Renee, sorry I missed your call & have been slacking on the return. you can take me to task tomorrow & then we can play catch up. I miss ya' GF!!!!

Here's our trip report! Six happy divers showed up at "Green Condo" which is now "Mustard Condo" (aka Park Towers) and despite it being a wee bit rough in the surf, we all got out to the ledge. What a BEAUTIFUL dive site!!! I dove with soon-to-be-new-member Michael and we didn't see a single bug. The other divers saw about four and Jenny was the prize winner of the only legal sized one. This would be a WONDERFUL night dive, but you have to be outtathere by 9 p.m. I highly recommend doing night dives as soon as the time changes so that it is dark by 6. This would be a fantastic night dive.

Jenny and I decided to do a second tank, but we moved up to L-B-T-S and parked in Marvel's side yard. We went pretty darn far out there, to the third distinct reef line, and it was incredibly beautiful. We only saw two bugs and Jenny landed one; the other eluded my net but it looked short so I didn't waste air chasing it down. Unfortunately, the vis turned really bad at the end of the dive but what the heck, we had two great dives, and aren't we all BLESSEd to live in such a wonderful place!!!

Renee, Michael, Joel, and Rick, nice to meet you. Jenny, it's always great diving with you. Marvel, sorry you couldn't join us but it was nice to say "hi". :)

I'll be posting a Saturday two-tank beach dive later this week...any requests for location?

Long story short.. had a horrid dive , not cause of the vis. But due to a rogue newbie diver.
makes me appreciate diving with Debby and the gooch :p ( I am spoiled I guess lol) and the sb staff lol.

I am up for a night dive soon as well :p

Was a great dive!! Good buddy kudos to Rick - let's do this again! Nice to meet you - FINALLY - Debby, and also Michael, always good to see Joe!

NO JENNY! You cannot keep the snare! But youcan borrow!

You guys dive Lauderdale by the sea/Commercial Pier ever? The reef there is so much better I think.

All the time! Read DebbyDiver's trip report from above - she and Jenny did LBTS for the second dive. I choose Ft. Laud Beach because I wanted to go out to the staghorn fields.

2 tails are in the freezer as I type. Good diving with ya'll. It was a little choppy out, but very doable. The drop off is nice and seeing the jacknife fish and guitarfish was a treat. This place reminded me of what Greene Street in Hollywood was like years ago before numerous beach renourshment projects.
The seas were actually a bit better at LBTS. That third reef, was about 2/3 the way to the reef balls and quite a bit south. Very cool indeed. Never been there before and would like to go there again. Oh, Debby spotted a small turtle, who we saw a short time later. Nice dive, vis was markably worse the closer to shore ya got.
Good seeing everybody. Joe, thanks for being the awesome buddy that you are. Good diving with ya again Rick. And of course good diving with Renee and Debby. Welcome aboard Micheal.

Yeah, that drop off was nice. Jenny, I think we went out on the first dive as far as you did on your second dive with Debby, 'cause to hit 33 fsw on a beach dive, we had to have been quite a ways out, and from the surface swimm alone, it's quite possible. My dive computer kept going off and blinking, because I had it set for a max depth of 30 fsw, having never expecting to hit deeper than 18. I thought I could ignore it, but after a while, I just hovered at about 29 fsw, which was not to long before my buddy suggested we start heading back.

It was great diving with the conchs again; nice to meet you Michael and you too Debby. Kudos right back to you Renee for being such a good buddy; Jenny, what can I say, you're one of a kind.....and I want you to know that I did try to get Angie out there this morning, but you already know the story :huh: Joe, it was good to see you again as well.

This was really a nice dive. I think I'm getting me a scooter to do it again though. :D

Scubaguy62:
This was really a nice dive. I think I'm getting me a scooter to do it again though. :D

Actually I'm thinking kayak, so that if I'm on an awesome spot and low on air, I can just come up and change tanks and keep on going! :14:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom