Saturday, September 23nd - Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looks like this weekend is going to be a good one so lets get a group together and dive!!

I'm all up for doing the Jacks since I've never been but I'm open to other suggestions.

Added 9/19
Meeting:
North of Sunrise at 7:30 a.m. (with two tanks)!!! A good rallying point is next to or just North of what used to be called Green Condo but is now mustard colored; it is just South of a funky little condo called the 1200 Building.

Me too!!! Aren't the jacks a REAL long walk, though? I've done them from the south parking lot of John U. Lloyd SP but don't know how to get to them from anywhere else. YAY, the south parking lot is OPEN now, so last night I walked to the beach...it is a REAL REAL REAL long walk from parking lot to beach, and then you have to rapel down a sand "cliff" to get to the water.

Does anyone know how to get to the jacks without a real long walk, and in a spot where there isn't a "cliff" to navigate? I can swim forever, but I have a bad back and walking with SCUBA gear is not a good idea.

Renee, there is always Johnson/Michigan streets, or Dania Beach. The Gooch and I drifted from Johnson to Garfield once and it was great off Garfield. Garfield has a nice big master metered parking lot too.

Everyone else: chime in!!

What year does September 22nd fall on a Saturday? :huh:

I am working this Saturday... although as I remember the jacks once was a good place to spot Nurse sharks.

Oops, Eric's right, Saturday is the 23rd...heh, I've made the exact same typo when posting new topics. Maybe a mod can fix the headline? Jenny?

OOPS!!! I had the 22nd circled for a meeting and so it jumped out and bit me!

I have a bad back too - that's why I have little tanks! If the walk to the water is that bad then let's do something else. I'm good with either Johnson or with Dania Beach.

I want to get back up to Sunrise Blvd - Ahem, Jenny...... Heard there is some nice diving there too.

Debby - I'm not a 40 mile biker like you but I did 13 miles in Fort Lauderdale today along the beach and the New River. Nice ride! Now I'm tired!

See you Saturday!

I'm up for a beach dive on Sat. morning. However there is supposed to be an overhead swell coming in to Melbourne this weekend. If i'm a no-show it's because I'll be surfing Melbourne beach.

Carlos

Renee, sounds like a really nice ride!

I'm sorry that you also have a bad back but it sounds like we would be good dive buddies. And oh yes there is GREAT diving north of Sunrise Boulevard...free to park if you get there first thing in the morning!

Ok, ya got to pick a spot here! I am ready to dive. Done the jacks from the south at Dania beach pier, then went north. Yeah, its a swim, but it is a good dive. Done the rockpile a bunch of times this year, after not doing it for a couple years, and am ready for a new place. Sunrise sounds good. Free parking sounds even better. But, you are right, we need to get there early. So, who started this thread? Pick a spot and a time, and be there or be square...or uh, not dive! :D

I didn't start the thread, but I could be at North of Sunrise at 7:30 a.m. with two tanks!!! A good rallying point is next to or just North of what used to be called Green Condo but is now mustard colored; it is just South of a funky little condo called the 1200 Building. What says you, oh first poster in this thread? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom