Saturday, Aug 13, LBTS North Parking Lot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very cool squid shots. The manatee pic isn't bad either...

Dang! Now it's manatees we have to emulate?

Scuba_Jenny:
Dang! Now it's manatees we have to emulate?

For some of us this isn't much of a stretch... ask the ones who seem to think I am one of them!

Hey.. where's JAG??? Anyone heard hide-nor-tail of that critter since he's been over??

CBulla:
Hey.. where's JAG??? Anyone heard hide-nor-tail of that critter since he's been over??
Jag doesn't really exist. We ran a little background on the guy and found out that he is really a holograph. Probably a leftover flashback from one of the more argumentative mods. Too bad - would have been nice to get a refresher on the art of tea...

Dang, no wonder I was doing it all wrong..

SFLDiver:
LOVE the squid shots Toni!! That big eye shot should be a keeper.
Even with backscatter, but some time in Photoshop could eliminate the specks.
Key to eliminating backscatter is trying to minimize distance between you and the subject, along with distancing your flash from your lens. Tough with the camera's built-in flash.

Thanks, Matt. I love that one, too. If only I had the time and skill to deal with it in Photoshop...but it is a great memory nonetheless. Anyway, I love the little point and shoot camera with the built in flash, but it's only good for what it is. I know I need to get a separate strobe and other stuff, but there's so much out there, I don't know where to begin.

Toni,

I really like the pics, especially the ones of my friends the squid. The pics brought a smile to my face as I remembered all the time that I had to commune with and attempt to communicate with them. These guys are always one of my favourite creature encounters.

Jo

Loved the pics. Hubby & I dove from the North Lot last Thursday. I was amazed at the water temp. It was definately swim suit diving. We went straight out then headed South toward the Pier, Vis wasn't too bad after we got out aways from the beach. Sea was nice and calm with almost no current or wind. It was a great dive. We saw lots of juveniles. Hubby met a new friend a cute litttle file fish started following his every move for about 15 minutes. It was so funny. We also saw a good sized puffer and a small spotted ray. Which area did you all see the squid in?

This was our first time to dive the North Side of the pier as we always dove the South side off Hibiscus. I really enjoyed it but missed the short walk off Hibiscus into the water. I know, my mantra for the rest of the day was bad lazy diver...bad lazy diver..lol I hope we get a chance to go again this week. It felt good to be back in the water.

Zuzanne

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom