Santi Heated BZ400 + FE Artic one piece base?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The heated glove liners and sock liners were purchased from a motorcycle warehouse store. I need to get new socks, the last few times I used them I don’t think they work anymore. Feet were getting a bit chillier than I like. I’m looking for something that uses carbon fiber tape vs wire, I would expect that to last longer.

so I assume no external battery that you can switch on/off whenever you want, am I right?

You can also wear a Yellow Diving shirt (worn on the skin, ~45W) under your bz400 heated. Or a Heizteufel shirt if you located around Germany.

so I assume no external battery that you can switch on/off whenever you want, am I right?
I use an external battery for all the heated garments. I don’t trust internal batteries and want a means to easily remove power if needed. I have had a couple of dives when something didn’t feel quite right so I was able to turn the battery off at the switch. Each time it just turned out to be the connectors had shifted and water pressure was pushing them into my skin, nothing serious. However I have talked to people who have had issues that said that because of the pressure, heat and cold they didn’t know their system was burning them until they got out of the water. I designed my system to avoid having a battery failure inside my suit.

I use an external battery for all the heated garments. I don’t trust internal batteries and want a means to easily remove power if needed. I have had a couple of dives when something didn’t feel quite right so I was able to turn the battery off at the switch. Each time it just turned out to be the connectors had shifted and water pressure was pushing them into my skin, nothing serious. However I have talked to people who have had issues that said that because of the pressure, heat and cold they didn’t know their system was burning them until they got out of the water. I designed my system to avoid having a battery failure inside my suit.

ok, here's the thing: I am interested in heated socks and gloves with external batteries

I know where to find only the gloves (Santi), but I have no idea about socks. Could you let me know what you purchased?

Thanks a lot!

ok, here's the thing: I am interested in heated socks and gloves with external batteries

I know where to find only the gloves (Santi), but I have no idea about socks. Could you let me know what you purchased?

Thanks a lot!
Jerzcy of Smart-Tex in Poland makes a pair.

Did you try them? I would really appreciate any feedback, if you have
Yeah. I use his gloves and socks. They’re wire, unfortunately, but have saved my feet from turning into bricks during longer cold exposures. I find them similar to the gloves; you’ve never going to find your hands or feet “hot” or even “warm,” simply that they don’t lose circulation as early in the dive. I have a longer “wiki” that I’ve been writing as there seem to be more and more people asking about external heat and thermal insulation. If I find a few hours, I’ll finish it tomorrow and post it here.

If you’re looking to run two different batteries or thermal regulators into your suit, you have (imo) three options. Santi makes a bulkhead with dual E/O. You can add a stacking cap atop a combined inflator. Lastly, you could run a combined inflator and one of the external LM bulkheads elsewhere on the suit.

Yeah. I use his gloves and socks. They’re wire, unfortunately, but have saved my feet from turning into bricks during longer cold exposures. I find them similar to the gloves; you’ve never going to find your hands or feet “hot” or even “warm,” simply that they don’t lose circulation as early in the dive. I have a longer “wiki” that I’ve been writing as there seem to be more and more people asking about external heat and thermal insulation. If I find a few hours, I’ll finish it tomorrow and post it here.

If you’re looking to run two different batteries or thermal regulators into your suit, you have (imo) three options. Santi makes a bulkhead with dual E/O. You can add a stacking cap atop a combined inflator. Lastly, you could run a combined inflator and one of the external LM bulkheads elsewhere on the suit.

Thanks!

If you find the time, I would be especially interested in understanding the differences between the fabric used to make these products (SANTI and Smart-Tex use different materials), info about the resistances inside and how these products compare... Yes, I know it is a lot, so don't worry if you don't find the time :)

My heated socks haven’t been working so well lately so I am on the search for replacements. The sock liners I had originally don’t seem to be available anymore and most of the socks I’ve seen so far have integrated batteries. I would really like a sock that use carbon fiber heating tape instead of wires for longevity but haven’t been able to locate one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom