San Marcos River Cleanup, April 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is it being set up?

Do we just show up somewhere?

Do they tell us were to go?

Is there a contact for divers?

Yep, I'm interested but it needs to be well organized because that is a heck of a drive home on a sunday evening.

Andrew

That's about all I know at the moment. Nothing at all on the web about it but calling The Dive Shop today to get details.
512-396-DIVE
Could actually be April 1st.
Crap, hang on I'll look for details.

Doesn't sound organized.

Regards,

We went last year. Just showed up and signed up. It wasn't overly organized but that was part of why I enjoyed it. The dive shop gave some good prizes and the food was good. But it's nothing like Trash Fest and shouldn't be compared to it.

The falls at Rio Vista Dam is being torn down and a big chuck of the river is closed.
The river is really low, most of it being about two feet in depth. The city and The Dive Shop have decided to cancel the Trashurer Hunt for the first time in 25 years.

That's sort of sad. But 2ft wouldn't even get our tanks wet! Everything is low around here, too.

Froglady:
The falls at Rio Vista Dam is being torn down and a big chuck of the river is closed.
Do you have more info on this? What'd they bust up the dam for?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom