San Diego / Southern Cal diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am at the San Diego airport waiting for my flight back home for the weekend. I haven't brought my dive gear down here yet. This was my first week back from vacation, and vacation was 16 dives in North Florida caves. I will be back on Monday and checkout some of the info you guys have posted for the area.

Thanks!

Jim

Actually the lobster opener this year will be Sept 27.

My bad. "the Saturday before the first Wednesday in October" Never was good at word problems

San Diego Underwater Adventures can/will pump all the mix you want as long as you got the certs. As for tech dives while in town..... Hop over to San Diego Tech Diving website. All tech all the time. CCR and Deep crazy azzz divers there. They go out all the time. If you feel like slumming with us Rec guys, I am sure we can strap the dubs on for a nice long tour at the shores or off the coast.

Terry

Whatever you end up doing, the basic thing to know is that there are two main attractions when it comes to san diego diving: Wreck Alley, and the La Jolla Underwater Ecological Reserve. There are other island dives, but those are the two big ones around here. Most dive tours will take you at least to those two places. Wreck alley has some sweet wrecks, the highlight of which is the great Yukon laying on its side. The ecological reserve is shore entry kelp diving, but it's the oldest protected waters on the west coast, and is home to the Scripps Institute of Oceanography. There is a canyon wall in the reserve, that drops off at around 50 feet (it "steps" all the way down to a couple thousand feet, supposedly)
There's your crash course :) See you in the water!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom