San Antonio Oct 18- 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Satshark when you dive Canyon do you go over by the public boat ramp or to NorthPark? We quit going to NorthPark when they started charging 6 bucks a person. We are going to the Scubaboard BBQ in Houston but may up for diving next weekend.

We've been diving Northpark. They charge $12 per site. The first one in gives the name of the dive group and we all just use that name when we go and get in for no additional charge. Everyone chips in a few bucks and brings food and we make a whole day out of it. The pass is good for Saturday and Sunday so we seldom have any problems unless it is a holiday weekend.

We are not usually with a group so maybe that is why it is 6.00ea. dunno, we only went there once last spring. Last year it was 6.00 per car.

The scuttlebutt is that they are closing the park the end of Oct until next Mar. I am seriously thinking about sending a letter to the COE or TPWD asking them to restructure the way they do business. We got there Sunday and were told the park was full. When we finally got in there was hardly a soul there. If you pay to get in on Saturday and then leave, they hold your spot until 2 pm on Sunday. They lose so much money doing it this way it just doesn't make sense.

They did the same thing to us. They told us there was no space available. We told them we didn't want a table we just wanted to park and dive but they said no. That was the last time we went there. They are not consistant. If they are charging 6.00 bucks a person one time and 12.00 for a group another time it doesn't make any since. I would think the LCRA or park service or someone would regulate the charges to be the same each time. somethings messed up. Are you going to try and go there this weekend.?

That is the current plan. Since my primary diving buddy is also and instructor, my diving plans sometimes get changed short notice to accomodate his students. Send me a PM with your phone number and I will call with the info if we do go there and you should be able to get in free if you will be in the area.

Satshark:
Judy

Dove Canyon Lake today. The viz has improved a ton! Found two boats and an old car along with several platforms. The catfish are large and hungry and will come right up to you. This may be another consideration for you. I'll keep tabs on it and let you know as your arrival date gets closer.

Were you diving off North Park?

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Were you diving off North Park?

Hi Jay, I assume you are with the SMART Diving Team. One of your team members gave a talk when Deep Freddies was still in business in San Marcos. Welcome to the board.

parrotheaddiver:
Hi Jay, I assume you are with the SMART Diving Team. One of your team members gave a talk when Deep Freddies was still in business in San Marcos. Welcome to the board.

Yep, the SMART team is now part of the South Hays Fire Department, and for some reason the www.smartdivers.com website is down. Thanks for the welcome!

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Yep, the SMART team is now part of the South Hays Fire Department, and for some reason the www.smartdivers.com website is down. Thanks for the welcome!

SHFD just built a new station right down the road from us on Hilliard Rd. We live in Valley View. You guys do great work all though not always with a happy outcome.

Back
Top Bottom