San Antonio Oct 18- 23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Judy

Dove Canyon Lake today. The viz has improved a ton! Found two boats and an old car along with several platforms. The catfish are large and hungry and will come right up to you. This may be another consideration for you. I'll keep tabs on it and let you know as your arrival date gets closer.

Sounds great. Thanks for the update. I have changed my plans a bit and will be there from the 16th to the 22.

Hi Satshark,
Just wondering if you have been to Canyon Lake the last week or so. What's the vis like? I am doing AOW this weekend and looks like the plan is to dive Canyon Lake on sunday? I think we will be going in at North Park. Can you tell me what the entry there is like? After Twin lakes and Windy Point at Travis, I am rather spoiled to stair entries. :wink:

Thanks
Judy

Satshark:
Judy

Dove Canyon Lake today. The viz has improved a ton! Found two boats and an old car along with several platforms. The catfish are large and hungry and will come right up to you. This may be another consideration for you. I'll keep tabs on it and let you know as your arrival date gets closer.

jstuart1:
Hi Satshark,
Just wondering if you have been to Canyon Lake the last week or so. What's the vis like? I am doing AOW this weekend and looks like the plan is to dive Canyon Lake on sunday? I think we will be going in at North Park. Can you tell me what the entry there is like? After Twin lakes and Windy Point at Travis, I am rather spoiled to stair entries. :wink:

Thanks
Judy

Dove Canyon on Sunday. There were quite a few people there so the viz wasn't all that great. But I imagine it will be better this weekend. The entry is rocky. No stairs unfortunately. I wear full foot fins and the rocks are killer on my bare feet. Chances are pretty good I'll see you there on Sunday.

Satshark:
Dove Canyon on Sunday. There were quite a few people there so the viz wasn't all that great. But I imagine it will be better this weekend. The entry is rocky. No stairs unfortunately. I wear full foot fins and the rocks are killer on my bare feet. Chances are pretty good I'll see you there on Sunday.

That would be great. I'll be with Glen from the Scuba School. Not sure what time we'll be there. He's said he would let me know on Saturday.

Judy

jstuart1:
That would be great. I'll be with Glen from the Scuba School. Not sure what time we'll be there. He's said he would let me know on Saturday.

Judy

Glen is a great guy. You will like him. And since you are diving with him, you will definately see me there on Sunday.

I'm diving Saturday and Sunday. Since Glen doesn't have anthing for me sat util about 4pm, I'm thinking about goint to windy point sat morning since I'll be in the area about 8am. I've been there once before and loved it. Would enjoy a buddy if you would like to come along. I'm also open to other spots in the area.

Back
Top Bottom