Salvo versus Halcyon: Solved.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonnythan:
The actions of Halcyon personnel in this entire matter have been absolutely repulsive.

I am never spending another dime on Halcyon gear.

You're right, The whole mess stinks on ice, and is an embarassment to halcyon Jablonski, and Barry. Who the hell knows what the actual story is, as there are strong supporters in both camps. I own, and like my Salvo lights, and will continue to buy them. I also own Halcyon gear, and enjoy diving it as well. It's too bad the whole thing had to come to this point.

Halcyon's Statement on the matter:
15 March 2006

Dear Dealers,

Many of you are aware of the emotional and practical difficulties resulting from the criminal actions of Barry Miller against Halcyon Manufacturing. My note here is designed to close this chapter in Halcyon’s history; this statement should also serve to correct the significant misinformation propagated by Barry Miller.

Initially it was hard for Halcyon employees to understand the motivations of those in Internet discussion forums who seem determined to assert that Halcyon has somehow wronged Barry Miller. However, careful consideration allowed us to appreciate that the lies told by Barry are similar to those he used against Halcyon; we were fooled as are many of his supporters.

In fact, over the course of many months Barry lied to friends and fellow employees while robbing Halcyon of vital resources and poisoning vendor relationships. As Halcyon’s most senior manager, Barry enjoyed a very healthy salary and the trust of his friends and employees; yet, he abused that trust while stealing from Halcyon and simultaneously tricking our employees into building products for his company. In fact, his new company, Salvo Diving, was formed with material and labor stolen from Halcyon Manufacturing. To this very day Barry twists events in an attempt to justify malicious acts against Halcyon Manufacturing. Barry was never cheated by me or by Halcyon; his statements seeking to defame me are false. In fact, it is our opinion that these comments are libelous, adding to the damages incurred by Halcyon Manufacturing.

Finally, after 17 long months, the state’s case against Barry Miller reached its final stage this morning with the judge agreeing to and imposing a combined restitution and prison arrangement. This agreement allowed Barry to notably reduce his prison sentence while providing Halcyon with an immediate restitution payment of $82,024 and monthly restitution payments totaling an additional $60,000 once released from prison in 2007. In part, this restitution will relieve some of the significant damage done by Barry Miller. However, given the scope and continuation of offenses against Halcyon, civil proceedings against Salvo are inevitable. During the hearing Barry acknowledged guilt on two counts of felony grand theft for which he will serve 366 days in state prison; Barry also agreed to repay the theft of Halcyon’s stolen merchandise. The statement submitted by Barry is as follows:

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE EIGHTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT, IN AND FOR ALACHUA COUNTY, FLORIDA
STATE OF FLORIDA, Plaintiff, vs. BARRY MILLER, Defendant
CASE NUMBER: 2004-CF-4827-A
DIVISION: III
AFFIDAVIT OF ADMISSION TO OFFENSE(S) CHARGED

1. I was a senior production manager for Halcyon Manufacturing.
2. As a senior production manager I was able, through various means, to take in excess of $100,000 worth of raw materials at wholesale value and use these materials to fund my new company Salvo Diving.
3. In the weeks leading up to my termination, I instructed Halcyon employees who reported directly to me, to manufacture products for my new company while senior management was away on business trips.
4. Although my employment with Halcyon was not officially terminated until October 19, 2004, I did make plans to start my own business and registered Salvo Diving with the State of Florida on October 14, 2004 and my business website salvodiving.com on September 17, 2004.
5. I deprived Halcyon of a total of $142,000 of raw material at cost value and services.
6. This was done without the permission or authorization of Halcyon.

Signed:
BARRY MILLER - Defendant
MICHAEL J. BARBARETTE – Attorney for Defendant
DAVID GLANT – Circuit Judge

For Halcyon’s part, we are pleased to be freed from the malicious actions of a manager intent on doing us harm. Moreover, Halcyon remains deeply grateful for the many people that have supported us through this difficult time. We are very excited about the future and pleased to be returning full time to our primary passion. Halcyon has an exciting range of innovations and diving projects planned for the future and we celebrate our tenth anniversary with the satisfaction that comes from managing the difficulties of the past while looking forward to the good years ahead.

Sincerely,
Jarrod Jablonski
CEO Halcyon Manufacturing www.halcyon.net

there you go.

the courts have spoken.

Apologies are in order.

i think all those that supported ???? are accessories to the crime...... :D

JJ, more power !

Doc Intrepid:
Halcyon's Statement on the matter:
15 March 2006

Dear Dealers,

Many of you are aware of the emotional and practical difficulties resulting from the criminal actions of Barry Miller against Halcyon Manufacturing. My note here is designed to close this chapter in Halcyon’s history; this statement should also serve to correct the significant misinformation propagated by Barry Miller.

Initially it was hard for Halcyon employees to understand the motivations of those in Internet discussion forums who seem determined to assert that Halcyon has somehow wronged Barry Miller. However, careful consideration allowed us to appreciate that the lies told by Barry are similar to those he used against Halcyon; we were fooled as are many of his supporters.

In fact, over the course of many months Barry lied to friends and fellow employees while robbing Halcyon of vital resources and poisoning vendor relationships. As Halcyon’s most senior manager, Barry enjoyed a very healthy salary and the trust of his friends and employees; yet, he abused that trust while stealing from Halcyon and simultaneously tricking our employees into building products for his company. In fact, his new company, Salvo Diving, was formed with material and labor stolen from Halcyon Manufacturing. To this very day Barry twists events in an attempt to justify malicious acts against Halcyon Manufacturing. Barry was never cheated by me or by Halcyon; his statements seeking to defame me are false. In fact, it is our opinion that these comments are libelous, adding to the damages incurred by Halcyon Manufacturing.

For Halcyon’s part, we are pleased to be freed from the malicious actions of a manager intent on doing us harm. Moreover, Halcyon remains deeply grateful for the many people that have supported us through this difficult time. We are very excited about the future and pleased to be returning full time to our primary passion. Halcyon has an exciting range of innovations and diving projects planned for the future and we celebrate our tenth anniversary with the satisfaction that comes from managing the difficulties of the past while looking forward to the good years ahead.

Sincerely,
Jarrod Jablonski
CEO Halcyon Manufacturing www.halcyon.net

As anticipated - expertly crafted statement. Beyond that, still pointing a hard finger at Barry and not a single mention of improving employee communication within the organization or personal responsibility in creating the atmosphere that generated this disaster. Again, in a small community such as cave and tech. you live or die by how you treat others.

Hmmm - this would be the same Jarrod Jablonski who kicked Andrew Georgitsis out of the GUE community, right?

I shudder to think about how much I spend on dive gear in a year. But I know this - Halcyon won't be getting any of it anymore.

well you guys know where i stand, for what its worth i sold all of my H gear in favor of another. lets just say that i am repulsed as well by the behavior of certain individuals who may represent halcyon. I wouldnt want to endorse a company whose representatives were not leashed or collared for making negative remarks about people and certain gear manufacturers. mudslinging is not the way to go if you want to promote your product

Boogie711:
Hmmm - this would be the same Jarrod Jablonski who kicked Andrew Georgitsis out of the GUE community, right?

I shudder to think about how much I spend on dive gear in a year. But I know this - Halcyon won't be getting any of it anymore.

The treatment of A. Georgitsis is yet another dark episode. How can an organization treat one of its most lauded members now as an outcast? If I belonged to an organization that publicly vilifies its former members I would start to wonder about the leadership. For me, it's pretty darn easy to see. For those who cannot they need to remove the veil of hard male camaraderie with the realization of whom the organization truly serves.

Doc Intrepid:
However, given the scope and continuation of offenses against Halcyon, civil proceedings against Salvo are inevitable.

JJ wants blood... must shut down all competitors to the almighty H...

i don't own any H gear (As a matter of fact i own a DiveRite and OMS) but i think if you start a company it's yours. anyone disagree should leave. much more so if they stole or have a different philosophy from the owners.

leadership styles.... you can't take the leadership ... leave. just like here in SB.. you have trouble with TOS..... you can't argue with that... its Petes decision. take it or leave.. go to decostop or maybe pregnant.org :)

i still think it's the new memebrs that ride on the accomplishments on the original team that are the problem. the members would "try" to claim knwoledge of the original team when they just acquired some "knowledge" and they think they have been given the universal knowledge and they alone have ownership of it.

pakman:
JJ wants blood... must shut down all competitors to the almighty H...

if H was your company and your employee stole and contrived against it, what would you do?

oh (and pak, just between you and me ) this is just rhetorical. we have dinner tonight right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom