Salvaging Anchors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only a Cop could see a donut in that....he,he,he,he.....I must admit when i was down there with you guys i was looking for Monkey Skulls...LOL. For some reason i have a good eye for artifacts and it's my belief there are lots to be found on the Salisbury. Lets see what this season brings.
Last season we were off to a bad start when my dive buddy slipped into a coma and started speaking in tounges :).....He's out for this season and probably for good, i dont believe diving is really for him.

But tom and i will be ready to go

From recent reading, I believe all the animals aboard were rescued except for 2 cobras and a monkey. The monkey was spotted and captured weeks later on one of the harbor islands, so I doubt there are any skulls worth looking for. Of course, this will be my first visit to the bow, so who knows what that'll have to offer...

"Only a Cop could see a donut in that"....guilty as charged!

Matt, are you guys planning on diving the bow on the 7th? Now, I'm really bummed! I can't make it out until the April vacation week--maybe I'll see you then. Have a fun and safe dive.

Jimmie O

black means brass huh, good to know. now just have to remember that. My uncle runs a junkyard too....wondering what brass is running these days...

MSilvia:
Yeah... one dive on the bow, one dive to check out that mushroom anchor.

Did you guys make it out there today? If so, how'd it go? My studying/exam are done and I'm ready to dive!

LobstaMan

Great day Jim, we nailed the bow on the first shot. Blows the rest of the wreck away. Hit 89fsw. Not intact, but large sections are together. Machinery everywhere. Matt shot some video, hopefully it will follow. No monkey skulls. We will be at this site often this season. See you in a couple of weeks. P.

Bob3:
Some mooring areas are run by local marinas, municipalities, etc. & the anchors would then still belong to them. Same with ground tackle right in front of someone's house.
If the anchors are just in an "out of the way area" they may be fair game, providing someone isn't still using them.
The best source of info is going to be your local DNR, DFG, or whatever the wardens in your area call themselves. Call a couple, at different locations so you'll have a better chance of getting the straight scoop.
They would be the ones writing you a ticket for running off with the things, so hopefully they know from whence they speak.
Don't get too eager to run off with them; I found some really nice antique kedges & after following the old rusty chain, they were still hooked to a nice fresh buoy line which I'm sure the owner unhooks every season.
This isn't "boat mooring season" so you may be getting into some gray areas; many boat owners are divers too.

I thought it was 'many divers are boat owners too'....

Boston Diver Services:
Great day Jim, we nailed the bow on the first shot. Blows the rest of the wreck away. Hit 89fsw. Not intact, but large sections are together. Machinery everywhere. Matt shot some video, hopefully it will follow. No monkey skulls. We will be at this site often this season. See you in a couple of weeks. P.

What! No monkey skulls! You guys couldn't find at wet rock at the bottom of the ocean!:wink: Seriously, sounds like a great dive and I can't wait for the Matt S video production. See you on the 22nd, Pat. I've got two tanks filled w/ EAN31 ready to go.

Jimmie O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom