S400-Cozumel (Octopus,eel,turtle, etc)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kong

Reaction score
These are taken with about the cheapest setup I could find. Canon S400, WP-DC800 case and S&S YS25-DX flash. (Flash was more than camera+case).

I'm trying to imbed one of the pictures of an octopus but if that fails, here's the link to the folder. Ignore the first 5 dry pics. I'm not a fan of drift diving while trying to take pictures but it's doable.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=356678

photo

Great pics. Really liked the turtle shots, as well as the octopus :)

My setup is the sames as yours and I have been really impressed with the way the pictures have come out. I found that an extra section to the DX arm made a big difference to positioning the strobe. It took me until the last dive of my latest trip to really get to grips with the strobe position. It makes a huge difference when you do....well for close up shots anyway.

Thanks for sharing.

You've got some really great shots in there. This is my favorite...

photo

Dee.

That's high on my list as well. It's rare that I actually get a head-on shot of a fish. That was in about 10' of water so I took a few to get that one.

I think one of the Octopus shots is my favorite since this was the first time I had my camera when I saw one.

srmjohnson.... Where did you get the extra section for the strobe arm? I'd like to do that as well.

Thanks

Kong, I bought my arm extension from Cameras Underwater in the UK. The link is http://www.camerasunderwater.co.uk/web_site/d_still/SSarms.html and you are looking for the Flex-arm, 4-piece kit.

Sorry not sure where to buy them in the US, but am sure any Sea&Sea supplier would be able to source you one.

Back
Top Bottom