Rubber Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
Yeah, DUI makes one. My buddy just had to dive it at the recent DUI Dog Days here. Why, I have no idea. Was heavy as hell.

There are a lot of upsides to a vulcanized suit. They are heavy and kind of bulky, but
extremely tough. If a bag suit is akin to a Honda Accord then a vulcanized suit is a Humvee. I've never had a puncture or seam leak and my Viking suit is 19 years old and still going strong. I admit that some days you just don't feel like wearing a suit of armor, but when conditions are rough they are awesome.

-Ben

Don't get me wrong, they certainly have their advantages. But we were there to try on some "fun" suits. Nothing about that suit screamed "fun"!

CompuDude:
Does anyone other than Viking make rubber drysuits?

Avon make them.

Used to be Royal Navy issue. Thick rubber, very tought, very flexible. Any colour provided its black.

I've borrowed one for todays diving (see my ND cortex thread moan).

Basic suits but provided you dont mind looking like an extra from a gimp shot they're fine.

Once in the water they're all the same anyhow, well close to it. On land it's not that much heavier either so it's not a big deal.

For what it's worth, I'd say a self donning suit for the job you're looking at isn't really necessary, you'll have dive support.

For the job that I am trying to get, I actually won't have any help gearing up. Also if anyone from previous replies can give me links for some of these brands, please do. I am having difficulty finding company websites. Thanks.

Just went to Avons site to see a message saying they dont make the suits any more. Sad really as they're good, tough flexible suits.

khorne:
Try loitokari

Finnish brand, very small, only customsuits, great quality.

Do you have any contact information for this company? Do you know if they sell in the USA?

I don´t think they have someone thats retailing in Usa, as far as i know you have to order direct from them. try searching the web, when you find the phone number get a finnish guy to make the call..

Back
Top Bottom