Roll Call for all Mid-Atlantic Bottom Feeders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedwhiteva:
Another Northern VA here.

Anybody diving Lake Rawlings this Sunday?(Mar 24).

I will be there early on Sunday. I will be with a group we will get there Saturday around noon and stay until about noon on Sunday. We are staying in one of the cabins.

Going to be doing a lot of skills practice. You are welcome to join in with us.

Paula

Westminster, MD here. We're actually about 5-10 minutes away from Hyde's Quarry, which other than Disney is where we've done all our diving so far. Just ordered "the rest" (yeah, right) of our gear last weekend so hopefully we can get out more often when a dive doesn't involve an hour round-trip to rent gear somewhere first :)

JimLap:
Just realized I'm on afternoon shift that week so I won't get down til friday morning. That sucks!
Schedule change again but a good one this time. A lazy guy at work got fired. I'm on daylight next week. I get to go down on thursday as originally planned!! Thursday night dive here I come!

TravisD:
Westminster, MD here. We're actually about 5-10 minutes away from Hyde's Quarry, which other than Disney is where we've done all our diving so far. Just ordered "the rest" (yeah, right) of our gear last weekend so hopefully we can get out more often when a dive doesn't involve an hour round-trip to rent gear somewhere first :)

Anytime you want to dive in Hydes let me know. I'm always ready to go diving (if the boss will let me out :D )

Andrew

Undersea does a wednesday "happy hour" every other week or so, if the weather is good. Starts around 4PM.

TravisD:
Undersea does a wednesday "happy hour" every other week or so, if the weather is good. Starts around 4PM.

When are they open? Is there a website? What kind of things are at the site? Tell us about it.

Hyde's is pretty basic no-frills. It's basically a place to get wet. There's a couple of old boats, a schoolbus, and plenty of blue-gills (who love spray cheese). There is no site for the quarry. There's a porta-pot and that's about it for facilities. It's at the end of a gravel driveway and you park where you can.

I'm just a newbie who can't wait to get back in the water. For details, call Undersea (George or Laird) and ask them for details on what they intend to do this year.

Back
Top Bottom