Roll call: Any old NASDS divers out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NASDS OWIP 2114, took my instructor course in Pensacola Florida in 1983. Was a NAUI instructor for a few years prior.
Stopped teaching in '84 but still diving (Okay, maybe not as often these last few years.)

Nice to see some old timers here...My brother got his NASDS cert back around '73. Lost his card and had a heck of a time getting a replacement. Got it just before SSI took over the show.

skipper's dive center pensacola fl. rene navarre was the instructor owi 1980 ironically that was also the year.tic has long ago self destructed. still have the medallion somewhere.reading the comments brings back good old memories.

Hayward,CA was ANCHOR SHACK. Augee Azolen was a dive instructer and died in the pool using an antugue rebreather, Kevin was store manger and Dan Obrein was salesman, Kevin used to steal gear at night and report to owner that the shop wasnt doing good, so he bought it as distressed price, the opened a second Anchor Shack in Pacheo,CA

DSC_0480.jpg

Sorry to be so late on a response, I am that Jack! Started at Ed Brawley's in 1968 moved to Seven Seas in 1971 and then to SDDS in San Diego.

:mooner:Hey out there I went through Bill Walters class in Whittier, Deep water at Horse Pastures near Huntington Beach, Ca zero visability, and I remember my buddy could only clear his ears by puking, sure did attract the fish.
I dove Cancun Mex and Red Sea Israel 2007 no boat needed walked intto 16 feet of cyrstal clear water and saw more species of fish.......this was my high point dive.

Im 56 now and am a liveaboard my 52 ft Cat

Safe diving to all
Jim

Back
Top Bottom