Rodale's pushing deep air.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard deep air is coming back due to the extreme cost or complete unavailability of helium.
Doubtful. It didn't go away because helium was discovered. It went away because it was a bad idea.
This article was written 20 years ago.
There are solutions to deep diving available these days. Deep air isn't one of them.

Doubtful. It didn't go away because helium was discovered. It went away because it was a bad idea.
This article was written 20 years ago.
There are solutions to deep diving available these days. Deep air isn't one of them.
there were solutions then, and it was stupid then, just saying

I heard deep air is coming back due to the extreme cost or complete unavailability of helium.
It never went away, the air divers just fell silent on scubaboard. I wonder why? Air is by far the most popular gas in scuba.

Reactions: OTF
Deep air never went away, you guys just stopped associating with the people who do it.
A lot of small scale commercial divers all over the world, be it fish, inshore construction or farming, use air exclusively and they go well beyond 50m and do deco on it without getting killed due to their gas choice.

What about in remote locations around the world where helium is not available. There are wrecks and diving that is deep, and I’ll bet more air gets used than you guys are willing to admit to.
Yeah, the reason deep air isn’t discussed is because people got tired of being flamed and called all sorts of things so they just went away.
It doesn’t mean that deep air went away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom