Rocky Mountain Oysters dive at the Blue Hole, Oct. 20-22

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Night Dive Friday sounds great, sunset is at 6:20pm.

We can plan on meeting at the Hole around 6pm, T

Here is the schedule:

Night dive Friday meet at 6pm Blue Hole

BBQ at picnic tables back of Blue Hole parking lot, Sat. noon

Group dive Blue Hole 2pm Sat.

So far we have;

RonFrank
Divedoggie
BigBubbaJ
Tjack

Last edited:
Slight thread detour and please delete if necessary but me and a friend are coming up to Blue Hole this weekend (Texas divers looking for something different) Trying to find information has confused me as it looks like dive shops/etc have change a little around there in the past few years. Can anyone give me details on the permit requirements and what the air fill situation is like? Would love to do 2-3 dives Saturday with a night dive being one of those. We would be spending sat night somewhere (tent camping) and then heading back to Texas or possibly Roswell. Any help would be awesome.

Superspeed - Permits are cheap and can be purchased on site - Stella has been selling them but she doesn't work for the city. Stella is usually there most weekends and does air fills or tank rentals for $5 each. It's a really easy place to dive.

Hey Superspeed, there is good camping at Santa Rosa State Park near by. Stella has a fill station on site which will be running Sat and Sun, maybe Friday evening as well.

Be sure and stop by and say hello on Sat. look for the yellow Xterra, T

Great weekend of diving and camaraderie.

Friday night's dive was Justin's (Bigbubbaj) 300th dive. It was an honor to be part of it, glad he didn't do it naked though.

Ron (Ronfrank) had two good dives despite a long layoff. Calm as ever despite lots of shenanigans.

Kent (Divedoggie) was great with his AOW students and still made room for a a little "time with the lord", Lord Calvert that is.

Margaritas at Joseph's, chatting with Stella and lots of Brats at the picnic table for lunch Saturday, all good.

Tim who was assisting Kent with his AOW class and Michael with Justin's Rock Lake crew provided some new faces. Congratulations to the AOW gang from Ft. Collins as well.

Did not get a chance to come over and say high, but had a great time diving! Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the posts guys! I do have pictures....just not extra time yet! I'll post them as soon as I can. It was great to see you guys and get caught up a little. Tjack's been breathing underwater in some pretty incredible places lately! I'll try to post pics while watching some football this Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom