Rock quary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've heard people say there's a "rock quary" somewhere north of Houston...maybe the Huntsville area? It's supposed to be crystal clear and about 90 feet deep. Is this info correct and does anyone know anything about this place?

Thanks, MardiGrasTexan

mardigrastexan:
I've heard people say there's a "rock quary" somewhere north of Houston...maybe the Huntsville area? It's supposed to be crystal clear and about 90 feet deep. Is this info correct and does anyone know anything about this place?

Thanks, MardiGrasTexan

Blue Lagoon in Huntsville sports 3-20ft visibility (definitely more often in the under 10ft category) and maximum depth under 30ft. Look towards Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell (I hear they are deeper than 50ft with a nasty thermocline) but OW diving in Texas in generally murky at best.

I've been to CSSP...it is a nasty thermocline there, but the diving can be pretty good at times. I know someone knows about this quary thing though....they're just keeping it a secret.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom