Robbing Paul to pay Peter... a disturbing trend with Revo Rebreathers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

none of the three assertions in the OP about Revo Rebreathers has been challenged.
  • Three Course Directors are selling their Revo Rebreathers
  • They aren't allowed to teach them in the Keys
  • I see no path for me to become an instructor on a Revo Rebreather

my wonder would be as diver and not instructor, do i care??? sounds like ccr maker's rules are not good 4 some instructors in one state, makes sense 4 them not 2 use that ccr. but unless diver must have 1 of those instructors, should not they focus on good/bad of the ccr itself?

disturbing trend 4 instructor, Okay, i agree...but instructor interests not same as diver interests

So, now I'm being accused of baiting as well. That's OK, I've got my big boy pants on and can take criticisms, even if they are unfounded. I'm certainly not going to accuse you of being Paul or Peters sock puppet. That's just BS and nothing but a distraction. Instead, I've answered your concerns directly. You may not believe my answer, although I've supported it with facts, but I've respected you enough to answer you directly.

In addition to that, I find it peculiar with all these accusations, that none of the three assertions in the OP about Revo Rebreathers has been challenged.

>>>Edit: I am heading out of country for a week. I will probably have internet service, but I'm going there to dive and not post.

It would seem that this is their individual choice. If they wish to capitalize on a product in another persons territory then they need to go through that person rather than attempting a forceful takeover (for lack of a better term).

Same as above. Remember that line in "Risky Business" - Don't f**k with a man's livelihood! I do feel that they could teach in any location that they wanted as long as they did not violate any of the rEvo terms while doing so (this is just my understanding to date).

This may very well have been true even before this thread, but I think it is pretty much carved in stone now.

I am not saying that I agree with or disagree with any of the players in this drama. I am not privy to the inner workings of the agreed upon terms. I do believe that Add Helium is the smartest player of the lot though. They have refused to be drug down into this drama. My money says they have nothing to hide or prove to any of us and are sitting back and laughing their butts off at all of this nonsense. Of course, I could be mistaken.

. My money says they have nothing to hide or prove to any of us and are sitting back and laughing their butts off at all of this nonsense. Of course, I could be mistaken.
it's my understanding that this is not the case.

So, now I'm being accused of baiting as well. That's OK, I've got my big boy pants on and can take criticisms, even if they are unfounded. I'm certainly not going to accuse you of being Paul or Peters sock puppet. That's just BS and nothing but a distraction. Instead, I've answered your concerns directly. You may not believe my answer, although I've supported it with facts, but I've respected you enough to answer you directly.

In addition to that, I find it peculiar with all these accusations, that none of the three assertions in the OP about Revo Rebreathers has been challenged.

>>>Edit: I am heading out of country for a week. I will probably have internet service, but I'm going there to dive and not post.

Actually - your not "now" being accused of baiting....that was back in post 177 and it wasnt by me. It did seem like a fair question.

And the Passive aggressive approach of an accusation... " Im certainly not going to accuse you of being....sock puppet" is below you. Either accuse or dont but the "Im not going to" as a way of making the indirect accusation seems lower than your usual standards.

For the record - Ive never met Paul. Ive never met Peter. I know absolutely NOTHING of Peter. I recently bought a revo but not from anyone that has anything to do with this thread - Im up in the NE. Other than that - Im 100% sure that both Peter and Paul have absolutely no idea who I am, and I hope to keep it that way. Im no one's sock puppet, and generally speaking I fly under the radar in the scuba world.

Have fun on your out of country trip. Im jealous as Ill be diving dutch springs tomorrow wishing I was in the ocean.

And the Passive aggressive approach of an accusation... " Im certainly not going to accuse you of being....sock puppet" is below you. Either accuse or dont but the "Im not going to" as a way of making the indirect accusation seems lower than your usual standards.
You missed my point. I sincerely don't believe you're anybody's sock puppet. People are ascribing motives and tactics to me that just aren't there. No one has called Paul immoral. But is been couched in such a way, that many think I have done just that. Rather than simply answer my concerns, Paul, as well as others, have accused me of a litany of sins. Dsix36 has come the closest, but only after I pointed it out. FWIW, I'm at a friend's house doing laundry and replying on a tablet. I'm not as cogent on a tablet as I am on a PC.

[/LIST]

my wonder would be as diver and not instructor, do i care??? sounds like ccr maker's rules are not good 4 some instructors in one state, makes sense 4 them not 2 use that ccr. but unless diver must have 1 of those instructors, should not they focus on good/bad of the ccr itself?

disturbing trend 4 instructor, Okay, i agree...but instructor interests not same as diver interests

As a consumer, you may want to broaden your areas of interest. How do you feel about Toyota and Blue Bell?

Looking back at this thread I have come to realize it was a mistake for me to participate. Often times there are better ways to resolve private business issues than airing them in public. I now realize that there were better ways for me to deal with this. With that being said I offer my apologies for not seeking a more appropriate venue for a solution to the problem than in public view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom