Robbery warning, Punta Cana. Dominican Republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I've been away diving and so coming in late on this thread. First, I'd like to point out that as a Canadian, I knew that there was a Punta Cana in both Mexico and in Dominican Republic. Also, assumed that the robbery took place in DR even before the correction verified same. But I do have one question of the poster who was disparaging of Canadians in general . . . Where is this "Canadia" of which you speak?

Yeah the machete would have made me nervous, along with the variety of drugs floating around that part of the world.

What's the whining about the corrected confusion. Punta is a popular name, means point, easy to confuse. Cana seems to mean gray hair or hair down, or maybe cane, so I have to wonder how the name stuck, but many sites have funny stores behind their names.

Okay, I've been away diving and so coming in late on this thread. First, I'd like to point out that as a Canadian, I knew that there was a Punta Cana in both Mexico and in Dominican Republic. Also, assumed that the robbery took place in DR even before the correction verified same. But I do have one question of the poster who was disparaging of Canadians in general . . . Where is this "Canadia" of which you speak?

Where's Punta Cana, Mexico? I tried to find it but couldn't.

I can find Punta Cana DR easily. The link I gave goes to an ad for Punta Cana Mexico, but it seems to be wrong. It does advise calling a number which should prevent further confusion.

I can find Punta Cana DR easily. The link I gave goes to an ad for Punta Cana Mexico, but it seems to be wrong. It does advise calling a number which should prevent further confusion.
Finding Punta Cana DR wasn't the point of me posting that link. The link goes to the hotel which your link claims to be in Mexico. But it isn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom