Roatan -when and where

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is the diving effected by the rainy season? Does it shut you down all day, or just short durations?

Thanks,
Steve

it usually does not shut down the diving the viz does drop some from the runoff. If there is a strong storm hurricane/tropical storm of course there may not be any diving or a strong Norte the North side of the island might have to curb the diving....but you can still dive the south side :blinking:

I have been to Roatan in late May and mid-October.
I liked the May trip better.

Plan to go next May to CoCo View if that is any indication!

Ok folks, what about a trip late January? That's when we are looking at going. Is a 3/2 going to keep me warm? And am I going to get rained on while I'm on the dive boat. Don't you just hate getting rained on after a dive.:wink:

Ok folks, what about a trip late January? That's when we are looking at going. Is a 3/2 going to keep me warm? And am I going to get rained on while I'm on the dive boat. Don't you just hate getting rained on after a dive.:wink:

your in the tropics....it may rain...it may not....:idk: go prepared...bring a rain jacket for the boat...I have one packed in my dive bag at all times...usually I never pull it out but it is nice to have on after the dive if the day is a bit cloudy or if it rains...:) in the winter I usually take a sweatshirt or fleece too....I am cold natured and I don't like being cold....when I went to cozumel last January....my fleece top felt good in the evening....

Back
Top Bottom