Roatan Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roatanjan:
Always thought those creatures were "agouti's".

Mammals of Central America and SE Mexico call it the Central American Agouti, as distinguished from the Mexican Black Agouti and the Paca ( which has white stripes or spots).

DiversMom:
Mammals of Central America and SE Mexico call it the Central American Agouti, as distinguished from the Mexican Black Agouti and the Paca ( which has white stripes or spots).

The Locals of Central America call it "mighty tasty" . I think it has something to do with it's main diet staple... coconut.

RoatanMan:
The Locals of Central America call it "mighty tasty" . I think it has something to do with it's main diet staple... coconut.

the remaining wildlife in this country - like the quetzal, sacrlet macaw, white tailed deer, and the jaguar. With a prevailing of attitude of who cares evident among many people, a lot of Central America and Honduras especially, will be a wasteland for the next generation - no forests or wildlife, polluted water, dead or dying coral reefs. The deforested countryside is already looking like Haiti in some areas. I watch the daily fires as yet more forest is burned off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom