Roatan Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We arrived Saturday, it has rained cats and dogs since then. However, the four dives a day have made that a non issue. Not a ton of fish, but the corals are nice. Very little current and water is very warm 84deg at 80ft. FI staff seem good. Food is plain but plentiful. They are still working on updating the rooms. Watch out for the monkeys, they will steal your stuff.

Still beats Michigan by a long shot. Gotta go boat's about to leave for another dive. Have fun at work. :eyebrow::eyebrow::rofl3:

I think Doc is looking out over the Chicago west side area with those gray skys and 50 degrees.

You are correct, I mistakingly thought it was another member posting, the white haired doc, that was in Roatan Man's signature.

For what it is worth, I did get to discuss life in Roatan with the real Doc A at CCV last week. As a matter of fact we held plenty of discussions during my SI. I did keep them short, as my dive buddy and I managed 29 dives in 5.5 days. :D

I got to see a lot of macro life along with a few larger animals.

I am now back to grind.

You are correct, I mistakingly thought it was another member posting, the white haired doc, that was in Roatan Man's signature...

You are still confused, but no more so than Captain Randy is on a good day. Doc Radawski posts here (only rarely) as RTBmeDiver which is unfortunate as he is a great source of information on the Bay Islands.

IMG_4516_2.jpg

Doc Radawski is on the left (with the clean t-shirt), this is important to know as we both look so very much alike. If you look very hard, you can see that at one time, I (on the rt.) did have white hair. Other differences of note: Doc R has vestigial gill slits and everyone snickers when he plays Santa Claus. We consider ourselves true peers in the art of Social Criticism as well as Social Engineering.

In this unusual image, you will see no Salva Vidas in the left of frame.

The one similarity? We did, however, get our Doc names in the very same way.

Here he is, in his other clean t-shirt, explaining facts that most people just don't....

More information? http://dennisfoster.com/divelog.htm

Last edited:
You are still confused, but no more so than Captain Randy is on a good day. Doc Radawski posts here (only rarely) as RTBmeDiver which is unfortunate as he is a great source of information on the Bay Islands.

IMG_4516_2.jpg

Doc Radawski is on the left (with the clean t-shirt), this is important to know as we both look so very much alike. If you look very hard, you can see that at one time, I (on the rt.) did have white hair. Other differences of note: Doc R has vestigial gill slits and everyone snickers when he plays Santa Claus. We consider ourselves true peers in the art of Social Criticism as well as Social Engineering.

In this unusual image, you will see no Salva Vidas in the left of frame.

The one similarity? We did, however, get our Doc names in the very same way.

Here he is, in his other clean t-shirt, explaining facts that most people just don't....

More information? Doc of the Bay

I saw said doc, the one on the left in the same Tshirts over the last week, and you are correct, no Salva Vidas, but there was a rum and coke.

I saw said doc, the one on the left in the same Tshirts over the last week, and you are correct, no Salva Vidas, but there was a rum and coke.

And to tie it all together for you, here's a picture of Cap10Randy and his new gal pal.

P1010080_3.jpg

On Scuba Board I am just cap10. They would not let me have cap10randy for some reason back when I was first signing in on ScubaBoard, where as on CoCo View Resort chat board I am cap10randy .

Don't let me catch anyone messing around with my gal or it's keel haul for you matey

Have they brought back the seafood night with the grilled lobster tails at FIBR? Any changes at the resort since your last stay?
Thanks.

Sad to say lobster night appears to be gone forever....in December when we were there they tried to have a "special" lobster meal for an extra $25 per person and that didn't work, so it's not been offered or a part of the menu since.

Have they brought back the seafood night with the grilled lobster tails at FIBR? Any changes at the resort since your last stay?
Thanks.

An odd question IMO. While I have no idea the business practices of any of Roatan dive resorts I find it amusing as a dive "professional" at least as far as padi, ssi, and the nsscds care, that someone at a dive resort is concerned about this stuff when so many would cry to management if their guys were out on the same dive as them killing lobster. I guess steak eaters might dwindle if they had to watch a cow butchered as well.
Seasonal laws are catching up in Honduras as are the ways of catching these critters. Of course it still bothers me when i am in the US that Canada laws on their lobster are so much more lenient than the US. When i had traps in the northeast most of what I released sizewise is legally sold in the US as imported from Canada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom