Roatan Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cajuncru Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everybody...arrived Fantasy Island on Saturday....dove Prince Albert from the Gazebo Saturday afternoon....vis was better than the usual 20 feet...no tide movement and vis was about 45-50 feet.
Sunday 1st dive Inside/Outside...vis was about 80' and lots of life was on the reef. We then dove Missing Link but went West instead of East and ended up on 40' point and 3rd boat dive of the day was French Key Bank...weather was mostly sunny...lots of fish life and numerous cleaning stations with Pedersons & Banded Coral Shrimp ..
Yesterday morning we started out further East and went down to Carib Point....man was that a new experience for me on Roatan's reefs...the current was really ripping and we did a drift dive....felt like Kate & Leonardo on the bow of the Titanic...arm in arm with wngs extended just flying over the reef....kind of hard to stop and see the small creatures but a blast none the less. We then did Doc's dive and not much current there....lots of life and plenty to look at....vis down to about 60' however. The third boat dive yesterday was the Mr. Bud. From the wreck we drifted West along the reef....there was a nice current flowing so we also did that dive as a drift dive, but the current was not as strong as at Carib Point, so we were able to hold into it and stop and look as we floated along....another great dive in paradise.
Woke up this moring and while drinking coffee on the balcony realized that the wind is absolutely dead calm and the seas are virtually flat.....looking forward to today's dives....will try to post some pics soon....probably that will have to wait until we get home.....we will be here for the rest of the week and then move over to the North side of the Island next week.
More Later we're off to the dive shop to get on the boat:D:D

Nice report. I'm looking foward to reading the rest.

LOL....*never* make assumptions on Scubaboard. You may get your a$$ handed to you.

dlafluer is good at making assumptions ....we probably knows that CajunDiva has agreed to share the same room with me at FI....of course that decision was made 16 years ago.l...:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Hi Gang: Well the weather was perfect yesterday.....calm winds and flat seas with plenty of sunshine.....we dove Calvin's Crack the 1st boat dive....always a great dive and it didn't disappoint... at the enterance to the chimney was the largest crab I ever have seen here....went next to Pirates Point and had a little current and was able to play drift diver again....then we West from Fantasy Island over to Wonderful reef....it was full of fish life...lots of Creole Wrasse, Spade Fish, etc. .....did a night dive on 40 foof point.....not as much life as normal for a night dive but some nice finds, lots of lobster were moving around...only one Octopus but he was a large one and changed color about 3 times for us.....have to go now don't want to miss the boat as it's about ready to head out....the wind has picked up a little, not dead calm anymore but just normal trade winds ....seas still only running 1 to 2 feet......more later

Heading there Saturday for the 1st time. Please let me know any highlights. Especially things to avoid.!!

Back
Top Bottom