RMO - warning! Blue Hole update and it isn't good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A friend just called us last night, he was over a Blue Hole yesterday. The construction isn't going well. First they were digging for the concrete support structures for the building and hit water (big surprise, we all knew that they would). In their "infinite wisdom" they decided they needed to "lower the water table" ....so what did they do?????? They took all the baffles out at the waterfall, meaning the water level dropped in the HOle... not just a bit though. They took ALL the baffles out and the water is now down past the stairs and below the shelf. It is impossible to get in and out of the water to dive AT ALL.
I hope this is just temporary and they will put the baffles back in before the weekend cert classes show up as there is no way students in particular can deal with this. :shakehead:

wow, thanks for the warning!

Surprise, surprise!! :dork2::shakehead:

Thanks Robin for the heads up. I've got a class that will be there this weekend too.......

Guess I'll bring a ladder to help with the process. Heck, maybe I can charge the other divers???? :rofl3:

Please keep us updated.

I'm planning a class down there the weekend of July 12th and 13th. I've already sent the confirmation out to the students...yikes!

Gawd they're going to ruin the place. Been there for thousands of years and they'll cave it in. "Welcome to Blue Marsh!"

One of the Dive Cons from our shop is heading over there today with his two teenage sons for a dive or two. He promised a full review of the situation, I'll post his findings this evening!

One of the Dive Cons from our shop is heading over there today with his two teenage sons for a dive or two. He promised a full review of the situation, I'll post his findings this evening!

thanks!:D

Maybe as they dig and collapse it, they will expand it into the nearby caverns, creating a much larger divesite. Just looking at it from the cup half full perspective! :)

Thanks Kevin, I look forward to reading the updates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom