Rigging Your DSMB- A New Take On An Old Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doe
As an alternative to Ray's great idea

My method doesn't require the double ender as a means to hold the line onto the spool

I have a small bungee loop attached to teh end on my spool line (I make my spools easily detachable for various reasons) the bungee loop could easily be attached to dsmb

View attachment 566646

When wound up its the bungee which keeps the line on the spool. Simply pulling the spool away from dsmb pulls the bungee loop off, so no fiddling

View attachment 566648

I do use a double ender as a secondary attachment of the spool (to me) which I then use on the ascent. Also attaching bungee at the surface is easy and prevent spool being dropped when handing it up on a boat
does anyone know places that sell leaders alone like the ones on the apex spools?

A great yet simple solution.
I’m struggling to find the perfect way for me to store and deploy my DSMB in the most efficient way without too much in-between-steps. Mine only has one bungee and an annoyingly long piece of webbing.
Adding a second bungee could fix it all.
Thank you :)
CF6889F1-BA25-4864-B734-A0FCCC3039A5.jpeg

A great yet simple solution.
I’m struggling to find the perfect way for me to store and deploy my DSMB in the most efficient way without too much in-between-steps. Mine only has one bungee and an annoyingly long piece of webbing.
Adding a second bungee could fix it all.
Thank you :)
View attachment 567240
Where did you get the purple bolt snaps

Ask 20 different divers how to rig a DSMB and you'll get 25 different answers.
Ask the same divers a week later after a Scubaboard thread and you'll another 25 different answers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom