Rig Trip out of Port Aransas - Oct 7, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Willie

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
WOW! What an amazing dive trip. Capt Steve & First Mate Skip took great care of us. The weather was fantastic, seas were quite manageable, vis was very good and we saw a Whale Shark. This was the first rig trip for all but Shaggie and Rusty.

On the first dive, Shaggie, Hemlon & Rusty had splashed and were headed down deep to spear some big fish. Paul, Sharon & I splashed and while I waited for them to get ready to head down the line, I thought I would poke my head in the water and see what it looked like. The first thing I saw was a 30-35' whale shark right under the boat and about 20' down. I stuck my head back up and hollered at everyone and down we went to the rig. I spent almost all of that 38 min dive watching in awe of that beautiful and truly amazing fish.

I have posted 65 pictures here I got some video and will try to get it posted tonight. After that, I will post a more complete trip report.

Willie

I just had to come back and add one picture here. :)

265271161_877a3398df.jpg

once again, great pictures Willie!

John

IMPRESSIVE job Willie,,,what a great trip you had!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait for your profile/detail report....the pics are wonderful. :D I hope my schd. 10/29 rig trip is that good!

I posted three whale shark videos for your viewing pleasure.

Click on the image above to get there. I will post some more video tonight.

Willie

wet-willie:
I posted three whale shark videos for your viewing pleasure.

Click on the image above to get there. I will post some more video tonight.

Willie

Those are great!!!!!! :wink:

wet-willie, that is awesome!!!!! i'm jealous!!!! hey, does anyone have saturday rig trips?

I thought it was just me and my antique computer!

Hemlon:
I'm not able to see the videos yet. Is everyone else able to see them?
What OS are you using? Do you have the latest Quicktime? If you are using MacOS X or Windows XP and the latest Quicktime, it should work fine. PM me if you need help.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom